New Wolves Uniforms

pittfan11

I can see why a lot of people would want the green in there given that the uniform features actual trees, but when comparing the 10-11 update to last years uniform, the lack of green actually doesn?t hurt the design at all, it just makes it a little harder to make out the trees. The update hasn't killed the uniform, it still looks good, the jersey/shorts pair really well together (as they should), it?s unique to the league, and it looks a bit more ?Timberwolfish?! Actually this update has moved these into my top 8 in the league. I have to give props to the Wolves!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

without the green this just doesnt look right. black and white trees? no trees are green and they took away what made them look different in the nba. downgrade

Not in a Minnesota winter (which, I might add, coincides with the heart of the NBA season), they aren't.

Aesthetically, dropping the green makes their look more bland, but considering where and at what time of year the team plays, white (i.e. snow-covered) pine trees actually make more logical sense than green ones. Of course, it helps that green wasn't a major color in their scheme before the change, which would have made it even more jarring (and is also why the NHL Wild aren't likely to follow the Wolves' lead any time soon).

CCSLC signature.png

These are an upgrade. From a pure design standpoint, I don't think they could have done better without changing the basic template. The colors are an improvement, the collar is cleaner, and the number font is great. They get high marks from me.

I understand the people that liked the green, and I too liked the IDEA of keeping green on the uniforms, but it was just poorly executed. The green they had was UGLY. No ifs ands or buts, it simply didn't look good. A more foresty green might have worked, but I like the blue/silver/black/white a lot more than some green for green's sake.

Well done, Minny.

(first time I've said that in ... forever).

OK... A couple things with this uniform:

1.) The elimination of green was a mistake. I would have rather seen a White, Black, Blue, Green color combo. They could have separated themselves from Dallas and Orlando that way.

2.) At first, I loved the idea of hiding the W and M in the side panels, but when I seen how they did it, it ruined it for me. When they used the trees to make the M and W, they should have placed it on a more rigid shape, like a simple triangle. They used a really wavy, whimsical shape, so the M and W become completely lost.

3.) The pin stripe down the side is nice, but I would have rather seen it centered down the side panel rather than towards the front.

4.) Taking the trees out of the collar and arm trim was a mistake. They had the most unique trim style in the NBA, and they just took a :censored: on it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Surprised we haven't been blessed with something a magnificently crappy recolor such as this:

TWolvesRecolorVM.png

I actually like that. I don't know if it's better than their logo now, but it gives the logo a "cold" feel to it. I think it makes the wolf look fiercer too.

Archived