New Wolves Uniforms

pittfan11

In the "big" thread, someone asked why the wolves even exist anymore. And there really is no reason...

But, as a fan, I think these uniforms are (for lack of a better term), "cleaner". Given the colors they've chose to use, I honestly don't think they could have done much better. I also think the new number font is an improvement.

However, it's disappointing that they've dumped green. They look like they're trying to be the Mavs. Green and Blue would be unique in the league, since Dallas dumped it. But the trend is dark all they way, no vivid. I'll miss the green. The funny thing is that they keep using trees, but with no green.

If up to me, I'd have 'em go with Blue and Green and keep some silver trim, dumping the black.

And the alts that will be coming out...obviously either black or some weird silver. If they went with a blue/green color combo, a green alt could be sharp, but the alt is going to be BFBS.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You know, simplifying the numbers from the Garnett set actually makes sense, if you look at the way the corresponding typeface was simplified in the new primary. I'm surprised they didn't do that the first time around. The color scheme, however, has gone from uninspiring to terribly uninspiring. Amazing what a little green does.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are they the "Wolves" or the Timberwolves? I've never liked when team put "abbreviated" versions of their official franchise name on jerseys.

Blazers, Sonics, Sixers, Mavs (alternate)...

And I don't like any of those. What if Boston started putting just "Celts" on their jersey? What if the Lakers decided to put "The Lakes" or even "The Lake Show" on their jerseys? Nicknames are fine, but the jerseys should always have the full name, I think.

Are they the "Wolves" or the Timberwolves? I've never liked when team put "abbreviated" versions of their official franchise name on jerseys.

And I don't like any of those. What if Boston started putting just "Celts" on their jersey? What if the Lakers decided to put "The Lakes" or even "The Lake Show" on their jerseys? Nicknames are fine, but the jerseys should always have the full name, I think.

Well I see the point you're making with the Lakers and Celtics. However, I think the only reason you see teams like the Blazers use abbreviations is b/c if they put "Trailblazers" on the front of a jersey, it creates clutter. Fitting all those letters would mean making them smaller, and harder to read probably. Same with the (former) SuperSonics.

the children are the future!

Well I see the point you're making with the Lakers and Celtics. However, I think the only reason you see teams like the Blazers use abbreviations is b/c if they put "Trailblazers" on the front of a jersey, it creates clutter. Fitting all those letters would mean making them smaller, and harder to read probably. Same with the (former) SuperSonics.

I was always OK with "Wolves" because "Timberwolves" never quite fit well on the jersey. I think "Sixers" is a no-brainer. Generally this does not bother me for Blazers, Sonics, etc.

Maybe I'm inconsistent because while I am OK with those, I hate "Sens", "Bolts", "Mavs". Those would be like the Pirates having "Bucs". I also hate "D Backs". I cannot explain it. Just a "smell test" thing, but I bet some others agree with me on most of my likes and dislikes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think it's a nice upgrade. It is a lot cleaner and more simplier. Although I miss the trees on the collar too. I guess something had to give. They still left "M" and "W" on the side of the jerseys and shorts which is still a nice little subtle touch.

I'd like to see a black alt with "Timberwolves" spelled out across the front.

A black alt wouldn't be BFBS, since black is one of their primary colors. It would look a hell of a lot better than that wimpy shade of blue.

But I'd much rather see a Wolves GFGS (green for green's sake) alternate. Too bad they dumped the only interesting color from the unis.

I like the new number font, it's a big improvement. But other than that, these feel like a downgrade. I loved the bright green. It made them unique and colorful. Now, they really do look like the Mavs and, to a lesser extent, the Magic. And of course, the tree shapes don't make nearly as much sense when they aren't green.

I can understand them wanting to downplay the green, but I definitely wouldn't have lost it entirely. It's always been part of their package, and it looked so nice.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived