Anaheim Ducks 3rd Jersey?

ThePreacher

I just read this description of the Ducks new third jersey on Icethetics...

“After introducing a new name, logo and colors to our fans four years ago, we felt it important to give our original look due time to establish itself in the market,” said Ducks Vice President of Sales and Marketing Bob Wagner. “At this point, we’re excited to introduce an additional look for the team in 2010-11, one we feel confident our fans will embrace.”

Since the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim became the Anaheim Ducks on June 22, 2006, the club has worn a jersey with a color palette of black and metallic gold with orange accents as a metaphorical link to Orange County. The primary logo emblazoned across the front of the jersey is a strong typographic mark anchored by a stylized “D” that echoes the image of a duck’s footprint.

The third jersey will put an alternative spin on the traditional colors and logo, also paying homage to the club’s history."

This is what the "pro" (see: adult amateur) teams wear at "The Rinks" that I play at (the ice and roller rinks in Orange/Riverside Counties that are owned by the Ducks):

images.jpg

Any of you talented artists out there want to post a concept based on the aforementioned description??

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I think this would be a great start:

Duck3.jpg

It's based of the Ducks most popular third jersey ever, and it eliminates their HORRID wordmark "logo", while preserving their BFBS-on-Gold look.

The only aspect of their identity change that I applaud are the orange accent colors, which, as the above quote mentions, are an homage to Orange County (home of Anaheim.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Duck3.jpg

It's based of the Ducks most popular third jersey ever, and it eliminates their HORRID wordmark "logo", while preserving their BFBS-on-Gold look.

The only aspect of their identity change that I applaud are the orange accent colors, which, as the above quote mentions, are an homage to Orange County (home of Anaheim.)

I like it. It combines their current color scheme while paying homage to their past. Just like the press release said. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is their 3rd this year,

When they say "paying homage to the club's history", I'm quite convinced that they will bring back the duck goalie mask in some shape and form. Possibly a rebuilt version of their original primary logo, only less cartoonish. It would be the new alternate crest. The old Mighty Ducks crest may not have been the most popular thing they've ever worn, but I can't see what else the new logo could be based on.

This is just my 2 cents.

Duck3.jpg

I like it. It combines their current color scheme while paying homage to their past. Just like the press release said. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that is their 3rd this year,

What part o this pays hommage to their past?

The iconic symbols of the ducks to me were:

-Teal and Aubergine, two unusual colours

-Diagonal hemline pattern

-Goalie mask logo

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

at this point, I'm expecting something like this

ducks3rd.jpg?t=1282278381

I would be a-ok with this. However, I would rather see the old Mighty Ducks logo re-colored and the D logo placed on the shoulders. And if not the old Mighty Ducks logo, a modified looking one.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Duck3.jpg

Replacing wordmark with wordmark? No thanks, I'm so sick of the lack of creativity and logos used in the leauge. This board is evidence enough of the amazing and talented capabilities of people to create logos. Yet pro NHL teams with millions of dollars just go back to a previous logo or use a wordmark. Such a shame.

I hope the new jersey uses orange, I like that.

2ly2w09.jpg

Duck3.jpg

Ugh. This one does not do it for me at all.

If they're gonna bring this jersey back, why not bring back the original version, or use just the current colours instead of throwing black, eggplant, gold (beige?) and a nasty pale orange in a blender? This colour combo is the most horrendously awkward one I've ever seen, and actually makes me appreciate the Ducks' already awkward current look that much more! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see eggplant brought back, but it just would not blend in well with the Ducks' current set at all.

Also, do we really need another wordmarked jersey? And if they do ever use eggplant again, why don't they just bring back the original dark jersey and call it a day? (I can dream, right? :P)

at this point, I'm expecting something like this

ducks3rd.jpg?t=1282278381

I would be a-ok with this. However, I would rather see the old Mighty Ducks logo re-colored and the D logo placed on the shoulders. And if not the old Mighty Ducks logo, a modified looking one.

I would be fine with something like this. Also, a modernised version of the original logo would be awesome.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

What part o this pays hommage to their past?

The iconic symbols of the ducks to me were:

-Teal and Aubergine*, two unusual colours

-Diagonal hemline pattern

-Goalie mask logo

See: 11.18aaa.jpg

*I believe the correct color term is: "Eggplant and Jade" (don't mean to split hairs, but that's always what the Ducks marketed their colors as.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I don't know how many of your favorite teams had a Saturday morning cartoon based on them, but I know mine did! Haha.. And who could forget Angels in the Outfield and other pre-Disney, Angels-related movies and television shows? Good times.

So glad both these teams won Championships in the aughts and made themselves relevant.

ps) Would the Rams have inevitably had a movie or show created about them had they not been moved from Anaheim to St. Louis by Georgia "Spawn of Satan" Frontiere in '94? We will never know...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I don't know how many of your favorite teams had a Saturday morning cartoon based on them, but I know mine did! Haha.. And who could forget Angels in the Outfield and other pre-Disney, Angels-related movies and television shows? Good times.

So glad both these teams won Championships in the aughts and made themselves relevant.

ps) Would the Rams have inevitably had a movie or show created about them had they not been moved from Anaheim to St. Louis by Georgia "Spawn of Satan" Frontiere in '94? We will never know...

Obviously you need to do research. Long before the Ducks and long before Disney put the Angels on the big screen in crappy movies, the Rams were on the big screen. That's right 1978 the Rams were on the big screen in Heaven Can Wait, a movie about a quarterback for the Rams who was taken too early by mistake and comes back as a millionare who buys the team to try and get them to the Super Bowl.

These, of course, are the Ducks other (less-successful) alternates:

Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-White-Alternate-Jersey-1997-2000.jpg

2089306025_2edb2d1b21.jpg?v=0

Anaheim-Mighty-Ducks-Green-Jersey-1997-99.jpg

I heard the reason Anaheim had home and away sets of these uniforms (excluding the Wild Wing) was because they had plans to ditch their at the time current set for these. Can anyone confirm this?

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Obviously you need to do research. Long before the Ducks and long before Disney put the Angels on the big screen in crappy movies, the Rams were on the big screen. That's right 1978 the Rams were on the big screen in Heaven Can Wait, a movie about a quarterback for the Rams who was taken too early by mistake and comes back as a millionare who buys the team to try and get them to the Super Bowl.

Hahahah! That's awesome.

Gotta love Orange County sports...

Although, one would think that "Hollywood" teams like the Dodgers, Lakers and Kings would be the ones w/ movies about them.. (not the Angels, Rams and Ducks.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived