New York Knickerbockers

TopCat

Shalom in the home, everyone. Today, I will present to you my latest sports logo and uniform concept. It is for the Knicks basketball squad. I will spare you from the lengthy rundown of things I have done with this concept because let's be honest here, we all have eyes and can clearly see what I did.

KnicksFinal.png

Now now now, I did not go BFBS on this concept. Well perhaps I did. But I was being negligent. For the uniforms I just did something, I had no real ideas. I sorta used these for inspiration. I figured it would be okay now that the Cavilosers got rid of their navy alt. I do have a primary logo that doesn't include black, so if you'd really like I can post it.

Now if you could spare a minute or two to give me some feedback, that'd be cool. If not, rot in hell. Just kidding. Thanks for looking!

The primary logo is a monumental upgrade from what they have now, you really dragged it kicking and screaming into this century. The scripts look great too but the number font really clashes. Plain athletic block just doesn't go well with a modern, technoish script. I like the checkerboard stripes too, but they're a bit of an eyesore with squares that small. You should consider using less squares and larger squares to create the effect. Overall, very nice job.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I dont actually mind the block numbers, is there something out there that could be better, probably, but its not that bad. My main thing is the away, i think it would look better with orange side panels, just looks like too much white, kinda like the Bengals uniforms.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Maybe try a double-blue and orange? Don't think I've seen that done before, and it'd avoid the use of black (which is never a bad thing).

I like the new font you've got, and the idea for the unis is good, but needs some work. I'd say a matching number font would be priority #1.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The black outline on the away jersey on the "new york" needs to go around the letters, all of the, not just around the outer edge, it's really hard to read. Also agree with one of the posts above that black would be better off as a darker blue.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

On the primary, the basketball looks kind of flat compared to the "KNICKS" because there is no black. I couldn't tell you specifically how to fix it, but as it is now it's like 3D vs. 2D and it just feels uneven all around. The unis are dynamite except for the home wordmark looks a little large (but you can't make it disproportional, so I get why it is that big) and I think the side panels on the aways should be orange. I actually don't think you need a matching number font. A different number font, maybe, but I definitely don't think you need a matching one.

I agree that this is a tremendous piece of work. Love the logo and wordmarks, but the jerseys need some tweaks. As much as I hate that they added Black, I think they need to keep it now. Just don't go all Marlins or Mets with it. Keep it as a trim and you're fine. I think the block number font clashes with the wordmarks as well, so I would do what you did to the logo, update it. Keep it simple and classy, just bring it into the present. I second the idea that the trim squares need to be bigger. AKA make them rectangles, probably twice as long as they are wide. After that you're done.

Okay so I have an update here, but it's not much at all.

KnicksUnis.png

I'm having a lot of trouble with this. Double blue is boring and far too common in the NBA, silver didn't look too hot, the numbers that go with this font are hideous on their own, even after I modified them. Now with orange side panels I have a checkered flag pattern. I just feel like this whole concept has turned into a mess. Help? :wacko:

If you're going to keep the collar and sleeve trim the same between the jerseys, then you might as well keep the side stripe the same too, which would mean you could keep your orange/black pattern on the road. It might look like two thin checkered stripes instead of a thick stripe with checkered borders though, but you shoudl try it.

You could also try a black side stripe on the road, with orange/white checkerboards. The contrast between the orange and white wouldn't be as great as between the white and black, so it may not look so silly. Or you could just go with blue and orange, with the blue blending in with the jersey body.

The colors on the letters / numbers on the road are messed up. There shouldn't be a white line between the orange and black, since it looks like it's supposed to be the same as it is on the home. You can put a white outline around the whole thing, but the black shoudl be touching the orange if consistency is what you're after.

Also, I'm guessing that KNICKS would be one solid patch, and not individual letters? NEW and YORK would be two patches, or maybe one patch that is just blue in between the words? Not that it's a big deal, but it's probably not going to look as clean as their current individually stitched letters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived