Hartford Whalers

Lights Out

whalers1.png

whalers2.png

whalers3.png

I quickly whipped this up because it seems "Whalermania" is upon us in the concept forum. This is just a quick rendition of what I think the Whalers would look like if they were still around today. The shoulder yoke on the home and road is based on the whale in the primary logo. The primary logo and whale logo have received slight updates. The alternate is a fauxback, using a classic Whalers striping pattern with a navy-centric color scheme and the "Fudgie the Whale" logo is used as the crest. Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well for one, it was only an hour an 15 minutes you let this sit.

But the whale tail is kind of week, and wouldn't transfer well, and looks weird without a hem design. The logo is a downgrade, but thats because the original was sweet. The Pucky logo seems like it's on the wrong jersey, and your sleeve numbers are all messed up.

Where to begin... the logo is a definite downgrade, sorry, but it is. The sleeve numbers are backwards, upside down, inside out.. all of the above. Fix that. The colors mesh too much on the home sweater. Throw some white in there. Also, these look a bit unfinished, and definitely rushed. I know the in thing to do now in the NHL is for-go hem stripes. I'm not sure if you did it intentionally, but it was a bad idea.

whalers1.png

whalers2.png

whalers3.png

I quickly whipped this up because it seems "Whalermania" is upon us in the concept forum. This is just a quick rendition of what I think the Whalers would look like if they were still around today. The shoulder yoke on the home and road is based on the whale in the primary logo. The primary logo and whale logo have received slight updates. The alternate is a fauxback, using a classic Whalers striping pattern with a navy-centric color scheme and the "Fudgie the Whale" logo is used as the crest. Thoughts?

The alt is my favorite. Well done.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

you need to work on alternate jersey on this concept,it needs to be updated to 21st century standards

I completely disagree. I think it's radical.

Especially when you consider how HUGE the "fauxback" trend is in sports right now. Hell, take a look at the Caps, Canucks, Canadians (all 10 of 'em!) (any team that's played in the Winter Classic) and so on... My current favorite is the Calgary Tigers/Flames fauxback they're wearing for this year's classic.

Point is, this isn't 1999 anymore. Comic book artists aren't doing sports redesigns and the big, flashy, bold-outlined alts of yore are OUT. The old-school, clean, simple, minimalist throwbacks of way, way wayyy yore are IN!

Amazing concept.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I really like everything about these except the number font. I also liked it better with the gray. I think it might look better with the alternate font numbers on the regular jerseys (boring yes, but better IMO).

The alternate jersey is awesome. I (personally) would keep the whale-tail green though.

Nice job.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived