Baseball World Cup Competition!

Gamingboy

Here's the competition: the MLB, the Japanese Leagues and various other countries are supposedly into talks of creating a baseball world cup (pro players and all!). All that is known is that the first cup would take place in the USA, most likely in 2006. My guess on the location: Miami, the reasons are two fold:

1. The Marlins want a new stadium. If a new stadium is built, then it could first act as the staging point for the World cup, and afterwards become the Marlins new stadium.

2. It's close to latino populations, who would no doubt want to devour up watching the Dominican Republic, Cuba and Puerto Rico.

So the challenge: Create a "Baseball World Cup 2006: MIAMI" logo. Do it anyway you want, but post it here or give us all a link to it. I will judge the winner on 3 criterias:

1. Coolness factor

2. How well it captures the "International" feel of a world cup

3. What one would most likely be chosen in real life.

Let the competition begin. :flagusa::smileyusa::unclesam::flagcanada:

And just off topic: Who do you think would win? My guess is either USA, Japan or Cuba. It'd be clear that Europeans would for the most part be gone quickly (because, no offense to any european baseball fans, but Europe isn't exactly a breeding ground of Baseball talent).

Insert Witty Signature Here.

of course, if this goes through, the teams need something to wear right?

Australia

Canada*

China

Colombia

Cuba

Dominican Republic

Japan

Korea (South)

Mexico

Netherlands

Nicaragua

Panama

Puerto Rico

Taiwan

USA

Venezuela

*STL Fanatic's concept. I just cleaned it up and added it to this data base because I couldnt think of anything better for Canada myself

these are all countries that as far as I know currently have at least one player in the Major Leagues. I have many more countries then just these though

Shark, man.. you are the King of the International Concept.

These are all great! I appreciate the way you incorporate national/cultural imagery rather than just slapping a flag on the uni. Obviously, you've put a lot of research into these.

Korea and the Netherlands are my favorites.

Question - you've used a lot of Asian and Arabic characters in your concepts, are they accurate in terms of what the countries would actually use, or are they the country's name/initials spelled out using an international character that corresponds with the English character on the keyboard?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Question - you've used a lot of Asian and Arabic characters in your concepts, are they accurate in terms of what the countries would actually use, or are they the country's name/initials spelled out using an international character that corresponds with the English character on the keyboard?

as far as I know, they are the accurate translation of each individual countrie's name.

as far as I know, they are the accurate translation of each individual countrie's name.

That makes them that much better!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

of course, if this goes through, the teams need something to wear right?

Australia

Canada*

China

Colombia

Cuba

Dominican Republic

Japan

Korea (South)

Mexico

Netherlands

Nicaragua

Panama

Puerto Rico

Taiwan

USA

Venezuela

*STL Fanatic's concept. I just cleaned it up and added it to this data base because I couldnt think of anything better for Canada myself

these are all countries that as far as I know currently have at least one player in the Major Leagues. I have many more countries then just these though

Holy......

THAT WAS AMAZING! YOU ARE A GOD OF INTERNATIONAL CONCEPTS! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I love every single one of these. You've obviously done your research and put a lot of time into your concepts. I have just one question, which is wondering why some nations that use Asian/Arabic characters have their country's name written in their own languages and others not. Could you not find accurate translations of the other countries? I assure you this is certainly not criticism, cause these are dayamn good, just curiosity.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I have just one question, which is wondering why some nations that use Asian/Arabic characters have their country's name written in their own languages and others not. Could you not find accurate translations of the other countries?

Do you have an example?

Some countries' names are written the same in their original language as they are in English (Portugal and France are some examples).

The only one I'm unsure of is Thailand, but I'll give Shark the benefit of the doubt.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I have just one question, which is wondering why some nations that use Asian/Arabic characters have their country's name written in their own languages and others not. Could you not find accurate translations of the other countries?

Do you have an example?

Some countries' names are written the same in their original language as they are in English (Portugal and France are some examples).

The only one I'm unsure of is Thailand, but I'll give Shark the benefit of the doubt.

Thailand was one of my questionables, as well as Vietnam and Japan. I see that the symbol for Japan was used on the cap but not the jersey (which has western characters on it), which kinda confyoosed me. Does Vietnam (I know it used to be a French territory) use western characters? Obviously, you've already answered the Thailand question.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Vietnam does indeed use western characters. that is the actual wording they use, but they separate the syllables when written so it looks like Viet Nam

Most japanese baseball uniforms use western characters, so I chose to use western characters. I thought about just leaving the hat logo a simple red circle, but felt the character (which to my knowledge translates to Japan) would add more to it

Archived