Alabama Crimson Tide

Lights Out

bama.png

This is basically an extension to their ProCombat uniforms this year. The houndstooth is used a little more, the fonts have been changed to the City family, which they use, and the elephant logo is used on the helmets. Kind of a radical concept here but Bama could use a swift kick into this milennium, IMHO. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Pretty slick, Lights. Personally, the white helmet really gets me, but I'm getting a Louisville vibe when I see it. For that reason, I'd go with red helmets.

Like the houndstooth, interesting look for Bama. First thing I'd do is go with gray sublimation for the roads instead of red. The numbers can do without the houndstooth, I'd only really go with one or the other, sublimate the numbers or jersey. I'm just wondering how it would look if you dropped the black? Make the black on the numbers red so that it separates it from the sublimation on the homes, then white outline on the roads (might've worded that poorly). I'd probably just make the pant stripes one color as well.

The update looks pretty good, I would suggest making the numbers block, using the pants striping you used in the 1st try without black/gray, and going to the script A on the helmets, but those are just some suggestions.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

That is the Red Sox number font, I believe, and it doesn't look good with the rest of the concept. You could use a block font or something more traditional. As for the houndsooth, that's a nice touch to add to a traditional uniform: not too over-the-top. Also, I would add TV numbers or a shoulder patch/stripes to the sleeves. Right now, the sleeves are a bit too plain, even for a traditional look.

Good job overall.

Archived