New Minnesota Wild Wordmarks

AsM29

wu3ye02b5udoc89bk4pvf8rvn.gif

I remember when the Wild were first announced, that was the only logo available. I was relieved when they introduced the bear/trees/moon/river/star logo because I couldn't imagine something as bad as that wordmark being a primary.

The new one isn't a huge upgrade, but at least one version incorporates the "bear," and if they go back to a consistent identity someday based on the original, this would be a good fit.

Here's hoping. I loved the original green.

I'm a fan of the new mark. As said in a previous post, their style is modern mixed with retro, and they do it well. The new script is nice and clean but still stays "wild" in the jagged edges. A huge improvement in my eyes. Slap this on a forest green hoodie and I'd buy it in an instant.

I think it looks great and really ties into the rest of their very solid identity. Too bad they can't have a bit more history behind them, though.

Solid identity? THey can't decide if they want to be modern or retro, so they try to do both simultaneously. Their identity is that they can't make up their mind. They're not as bad as some other offenders, but I'd stop before saying that they have even close to an idea of how to identify themselves.

All of their looks and their constituent elements are solid. Unfortunately, they just don't go together.

This. Well said. +1. Whatever he said. I "herrd" that. Etc. etc.

Their aesthetics are about as cohesive as a roll of wet Scotch? tape.

So the wordmark gets updated to mimic the style of the unique jersey numbers the team has relegated to the road jerseys only for the past four seasons.

Really and truly, this team has no idea what in the hell it is doing.

Agreed.

The only thing this change offers is the slight possibility they get their act together and return to the home/road set they had when they entered the league.

So does this mean they are going to ditch the script wordmark they used for their green alts? I don't mind this new wordmark, but I like the script one a lot better.

Nope. That is still included in the styleguide...

Archived