New Minnesota Wild Wordmarks

AsM29

It's a better match to the bear head logo than the original wordmark, so I'll call it a win. Like that they toned it down, and linked it to the logo with the stars.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

So the wordmark gets updated to mimic the style of the unique jersey numbers the team has relegated to the road jerseys only for the past four seasons.

Really and truly, this team has no idea what in the hell it is doing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So the wordmark gets updated to mimic the style of the unique jersey numbers the team has relegated to the road jerseys only for the past four seasons.

Really and truly, this team has no idea what in the hell it is doing.

thank you!

Eh, downgrade IMO, lateral move at best. It actually hurts my eyes a little to look at it.

I think I would even prefer it if they just had "WILD" lettered in the same font but without the jagged edges. Slightly more boring, yes, but still looks way better and professional IMO.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I think it looks great and really ties into the rest of their very solid identity. Too bad they can't have a bit more history behind them, though.

Solid identity? THey can't decide if they want to be modern or retro, so they try to do both simultaneously. Their identity is that they can't make up their mind. They're not as bad as some other offenders, but I'd stop before saying that they have even close to an idea of how to identify themselves.

All of their looks and their constituent elements are solid. Unfortunately, they just don't go together.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it looks great and really ties into the rest of their very solid identity. Too bad they can't have a bit more history behind them, though.

Solid identity? THey can't decide if they want to be modern or retro, so they try to do both simultaneously. Their identity is that they can't make up their mind. They're not as bad as some other offenders, but I'd stop before saying that they have even close to an idea of how to identify themselves.

All of their looks and their constituent elements are solid. Unfortunately, they just don't go together.

Very well put. The Wild used to have a great identity when they first arrived in the NHL. Their original home and road jerseys could easily stand among the best in the league. Now they have three different jersey designs, two of which are god awful. The wordmarks look fine but they need to ditch the fauxback stuff and use the full bear head logo as their primary. Its a great logo, no need to minimize it.

Archived