MLB Jerseys by KevinMets

kevinmets

First of all, welcome to the boards Kevinmets, you're off to a great start! Good to see a new member putting full effort and original ideas into their concepts.

Now, for the critiques:

Mets: Really like the 'New York' script on the road jersey, and I'm glad you used a lot of white in place of the black. One critique I'd make is to get rid of the two pairs of white pants, and just use the same ones for the home and alt jerseys.

D-Backs: I like it, but I think it'd be best to just get rid of the 'A' logo for good. It really doesn't match anything else in the set. Also, maybe darken the green a bit, and completely eliminate the black?

Rays: The green is interesting, but I'm not convinced it should be the colour for the alternate jersey. Glad you ditched the double-blue.

Cubs: I like everything except the logo under 'Chicago' on the road jersey. Seems too cluttered to me.

Red Sox: The whole set looks really dated to me... it'd almost be more fitting for all three jerseys to be pullovers. Also, the two pairs of white pants are an issue again, and the socks on the red jersey get lost in the uniform itself.

Rangers: AWESOME!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more for tonight, has the board not been working right for anyone else?

I've been having trouble, too. It's happened occasionally before, but it seems to be getting worse.

For the White Sox, I really like everything you've done on its own. Combined, though, it doesn't seem very cohesive. The home and away don't have to 'match', but they need to at least share a similar style.

The hat logo on the road and alt seems to clash with the jersey, too.

Truly white socks on all the uniforms will get lost on the home and alt uniforms because of the white pants. Even if the player wears high socks, it'll be tough to tell. Maybe a black band around the top of the sock, just to distinguish them from the pants?

p.s. Love the white hat.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Mets: Amazing. I wouldn't change a thing, and if I saw them wearing those tomorrow I would be pretty happy.

D-backs: Meh. They don't really "pop". It's a decent idea but I think you need to have a more "popping" color in there somewhere. The color scheme sort of reminds me of nuclear waste. But it is unique, and fitting. Nice.

Rays: Amazing. I wouldn't change a thing, and if I saw them wearing those tomorrow I would be pretty happy. Very sharp and original.

Cubs: Pretty good. I don't know how much I like the idea of having the "cub inside a C" logo for ALL of the caps.

Red Sox: Those look awesome, and very fitting. I think the Red Sox have a greater claim to Red than the Angels anyway. And even aside from that, beautiful. I've honestly found the current Red Sox unis to be very boring.

Rangers: I LOVE these. Too many red/white/blue teams currently, and you seemed to take care of that without going overboard.

I think these are the best concept/updates overall I've ever seen for any sport on this site.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Although I think the Phils have one of the strongest identities in the majors right now, I guess I wouldn't be too dissapointed with a return to these classic colors (and I know a lot of other people here love those colors too). That being said, I hate that ball-in-P you have there. and maybe it's just me, but it looks like you cut off part of the right side of the P.

phitinsig.png

Although I think the Phils have one of the strongest identities in the majors right now, I guess I wouldn't be too dissapointed with a return to these classic colors (and I know a lot of other people here love those colors too). That being said, I hate that ball-in-P you have there. and maybe it's just me, but it looks like you cut off part of the right side of the P.

I actually had to make the bottom of the P lower/longer to fit the ball in, thats what you're seeing. If i made the right side wider to compensate it would look good on the hat but the script logo would get thrown off.

twins.jpg

Wanted to try this color combo out on someone, and got rid of another blue & red team in the process.

Not feeling Minnesota maybe the purple is it.

i think i got it figured out. it's the gold. if the original red was kept instead of swapping it for the gold, this would look pretty dang good.

Untitled.png

i think i got it figured out. it's the gold. if the original red was kept instead of swapping it for the gold, this would look pretty dang good.

To be honest, what you just said doesn't make any sense. I dont understand what you are suggesting.

If you mean using red instead of the gold, I'm not sure of how that would look, those colors seem like they would be weird together, like a mixed berry stain, but it would be interesting to see, as some things just look better than they would seem.

But if you would care to elaborate, and clarify your statement.

RockiesSig.png

I actually tried something like that first, I thought it looked atrocious. Purple and gold complement each other way more IMO.

To be honest, what you just said doesn't make any sense. I dont understand what you are suggesting.

If you mean using red instead of the gold, I'm not sure of how that would look, those colors seem like they would be weird together, like a mixed berry stain, but it would be interesting to see, as some things just look better than they would seem.

But if you would care to elaborate, and clarify your statement.

well, what he did was use gold in place of the red that the twins currently use. and i was just saying that i personally think that the set would look better had he kept the red. and red and purple look good together in my opinion. i always like the way the raptors looked with purple and red.

Untitled.png

marlins.jpg

I keep hearing the 2012 Miami Marlins are getting a color redesign involving orange? I think orange looks bad with their current shade of teal, so I darkened it. Also tried starting a Miami script for the road unis but I got frustrated/lazy and gave up.

love the home ones, but not sure about the drop shadow

Archived