MLB Jerseys by KevinMets

kevinmets

The last few I have left are teams with really classic looks, so I'll give a disclaimer that I don't necessarily think these are improvements on the current unis, just a redesign for the sake of doing one.

If you're doing a redesign for the sake of doing one, why are you attempting it in the first place?

The beginning of the series was fantastic, but these last few have gotten a little lazy... with the exception of Milwaukee, nice job on that one.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're doing a redesign for the sake of doing one, why are you attempting it in the first place?

The beginning of the series was fantastic, but these last few have gotten a little lazy... with the exception of Milwaukee, nice job on that one.

My initial goal was to do all 30, and it's been a fun project for me to do. There's nothing else to it. Why would I stop at 26 or 27?

This is the last of the 30 current MLB teams. I have a couple other designs up my sleeve though.

I mentioned earlier that I liked the Reds' red & black color scheme because no one else had it. Then I remembered that actual cardinals' faces are black, and not navy blue. AND in the process I fill my down-with-red-and-blue goal even further!

cardinals.jpg

BAM. All the navy blue is now black.

I fully expect late-90s-trend-haters to get on my case, BUT at least the change is barely noticeable on the home jerseys. If anything they pop more now.

And aside from the black, they're due for a St. Louis road script and a red alternate anyway.

Also took the red brim away from the home-alt cap and added it to the road cap.

I mentioned earlier that I liked the Reds' red & black color scheme because no one else had it. Then I remembered that actual cardinals' faces are black, and not navy blue. AND in the process I fill my down-with-red-and-blue goal even further!

BAM. All the navy blue is now black.

Why would you do that to the Cards?

I'm glad you got rid of the Cardinals' navy blue. It makes zero sense for a team with their name to have navy blue in the first place, so holding onto tradition is a bit of a joke for them.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm glad you got rid of the Cardinals' navy blue. It makes zero sense for a team with their name to have navy blue in the first place, so holding onto tradition is a bit of a joke for them.

The cardinals are one of the most traditional teams ever in any sport having blue since 1940

Is there a reason for the Expos to have chocolate brown and that magenta-ish color?

Haha again same thing as the Indians redesign I did, I kept the same shade of red that was on there. But with the changing of another color, it looks watermelon/cotton candy-ish.

Brown & red is what I meant, and the reason being the Blue Jays are Canada's "blue" team, if there still were 2 Canadian MLB teams.

• 2 weeks later...

cubs.jpg

Put the old 1962-78 cub into the cap C and tried my hand at a Cubs script. As much as I think there are too many blue & red teams that need color changes (you'll see...) the Cubs wouldn't work in any other color scheme.

I wouldn't monkey around with the home pinstripe uniform (call it sentimental tradition). The rest, however, are nice.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

• 1 year later...

Archived