Ottawa Senators Logo

mcrosby

Thanks to whomever moved this. Now, here's quick update-and the original concept I had based on the previous Senators logo below.

OttawaTower4.png

157.gif

I agree with the other user who said this would make a great tertiary (shoulder) patch... It's not strong enough on its own to be used as a primary IMO. Plus, the original Sens logo is one of the best in league history IMHO, so it would take a HUGE upgrade to replace its' awesomeness. Nice work though =)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

It looks good, but I don't really like that seafoam green. It looks like it doesn't belong. Is there any way you can make it the goldish or something?

The 'seafoam green' you speak of is the colour of aged copper. And the roof of the Peace Tower is made of copper. The guy didn't just invent a random colour to throw on the concept lol

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

It looks good, but I don't really like that seafoam green. It looks like it doesn't belong. Is there any way you can make it the goldish or something?

The 'seafoam green' you speak of is the colour of aged copper. And the roof of the Peace Tower is made of copper. The guy didn't just invent a random colour to throw on the concept lol

It is based on the actual tower, but I do agree a bit, gold or white may look better, I'll give it a try. I've seen many stadium logos use an added color (MIller Park of the Milwaukee Brewers for example-similar green actually) and it looks snazzy in the logo-not sure about those logo's use on the actual uniforms though.

Well, it does look like seafoam green anyway.

And my point wasn't disputing the actual color of the roof in real life, it was stating that the "aged copper" color (in my opinion) doesn't mesh with the rest of the colors in the logo.

It's supposed to be a sports logo, not a portrait.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

^^^ I kinda disagree... Normally I'd probably be with you, but I love the use of green here -- nails the iconic look of the parliament buildings perfectly....and picturing it as a small shoulder patch makes it even more sensible to me. Without the green, this would just be some random old tower IMO.

OttawaTower4.png

To me - the second one is best, and I'd use the red version on both white and red jerseys if it was me. Something off about the white trimmed one. The one with the leaf could probably be cooler if you could make it so that it looks like the gold ring continues all the way around, with the leaf popping out over it. As of now, its kinda wierd/pointless.

Nice work.

^^^I disagree... Normally I'd probably be with you, but I love the use of green here -- nails the iconic look of the parliament buildings perfectly....and picturing it as a small shoulder patch makes it even more sensible to me. Without the green, this would just be some random old tower IMO.

OttawaTower4.png

To me - the second one is best, and I'd use the red version on both white and red jerseys if it was me. Something off about the white trimmed one. Nice work.

Fair enough, I mean I do think it looks good. And I see what you mean about the iconic thing.

And my point wasn't disputing the actual color of the roof in real life, it was stating that the "aged copper" color (in my opinion) doesn't mesh with the rest of the colors in the logo.

That was a rather pretentious critique IMO... He was trying to be conceptually accurate with his logo, and by adding the aged copper "seafoam green" color to the roof of the Peace Tower, he accomplished that. I personally think it looks great, and adds to the authenticity of the logo. Well done sir.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

That was a rather pretentious critique IMO... He was trying to be conceptually accurate with his logo, and by adding the aged copper "seafoam green" color to the roof of the Peace Tower, he accomplished that. I personally think it looks great, and adds to the authenticity of the logo. Well done sir.

It wasn't a critique of the original posters work. It was a response to the "pretentious" poster who chose to "lol" at me for saying that the seafoam green didn't mesh with the other colors. If you had read the dialogue you would have understood that.

It wasn't a critique of the original posters work. It was a response to the "pretentious" poster who chose to "lol" at me for saying that the seafoam green didn't mesh with the other colors. If you had read the dialogue you would have understood that.

I did "read the entire dialogue" buddy. And I was calling your "it's a sports logo, not a portrait" comment pretentious, because that's exactly what it was.

I think the aged copper aka "sea foam green" looks outstanding, and do not think it clashes with the other colors at all. Just me $0.02 though. Agree to disagree w/ you.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Archived