Montreal Canadiens alternate concept

Roger Clemente

The Montreal Canadiens could actually get away with using a third jersey, however there seems to be only one jersey of all the throwbacks they've used in the past 2 seasons that seems solid enough to use as a full time third, and that of course is the white jersey with the blue body stripe, modeled after their regular red jersey. It's probably the best choice if only because they've actually used it off and on a several times even before the Centennial celebrations began. With that in mind, I made a few changes to it. First, I brought it to the Edge template. Second, I put the modern logo on the front instead of the "wide open C" logo that they used during that era. And third...I actually made an alternate logo! Blasphemy? I'd like to think not, as it's actually a combination of two different logos they used in their early years. Anyways, enjoy!

Canadiens-alt.png

Here's a close-up of the logo, a version for use against a red or white background:

Canadiens-AltLogo.png

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I like the jersey a lot especially the shoulder patch. I think you should use the shoulder patch logo as the primary for this jersey and use the primary logo for the shoulder patch.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

The Montreal Canadiens could actually get away with using a third jersey, however there seems to be only one jersey of all the throwbacks they've used in the past 2 seasons that seems solid enough to use as a full time third, and that of course is the white jersey with the blue body stripe, modeled after their regular red jersey. It's probably the best choice if only because they've actually used it off and on a several times even before the Centennial celebrations began. With that in mind, I made a few changes to it. First, I brought it to the Edge template. Second, I put the modern logo on the front instead of the "wide open C" logo that they used during that era. And third...I actually made an alternate logo! Blasphemy? I'd like to think not, as it's actually a combination of two different logos they used in their early years. Anyways, enjoy!

Canadiens-alt.png

Here's a close-up of the logo, a version for use against a red or white background:

Canadiens-AltLogo.png

I respectfully disagree sir. I find these two sweaters absolutely gorgeous, and would love to see either of them (or variations of them) worn in the future...

MTL1910-11.png43855.jpg

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Pretty damn good. The white numbers, suprisingly, are just as easy if not easier to read than the red numbers on the existing version of this jersey. Those shoulder patches are also a great addition :D

I find these two sweaters absolutely gorgeous, and would love to see either of them (or variations of them) worn in the future...

MTL1910-11.png43855.jpg

These jerseys aren't bad, and both are nice tie-ins to the distant past of this club, BUT they wouldn't work as full-time alternates.

First of all, the red and green jersey. Green is not a part of the Canadiens' traditional colour palette, and I can imagine that Habs fans would tire of their team occasionally looking like le Wild du Minnesota.

Secondly, blue and white are pretty much synonymous with Toronto. When you take into account the long, historical rivalry between the Leafs and Canadiens... well, I don't think much more than that needs to be said. :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Yeah, history aside a blue and white Habs sweater wouldn't fly as part of the regular rotation.

Anyway RC fantastic concept. I'm still not sure if the white numbers will work, but they're looking much better then I thought they would.

I have to wonder about the alternate logo, though. Yes, it's grounded in Habs history. Yes, it's using red as the primary colour rather then blue. Still, though. It's a maple leaf logo with some form of script. It may be to close to the Leafs' mark for comfort. That's purely me wondering, however. Aesthetically it fits perfectly and is very well done.

Archived