Calgary Flames

Lights Out

flames1.png

flames2.png

flames3.png

The first two are based on the Flames' Heritage Classic sweater with some cues taken from their original set. The center stripe is the focal point and the flame pattern from the logo is sublimated in it. The third is meant to be a simplified version of their current uniforms with yellow as the base color. I also updated their main logo as it needs a revamp badly. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The 'C' logo is nice, I'd strengthen the boldness of the lines around the flames on the 'C'. The home and away jersey designs have some interesting aspects. The flames on the chest stripe is actually fairly nice looking, seems like an appropriate spot for something like that. The rest is a little iffy, especially the third, very bland and uninspired looking. Hope this helps.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

The chest stripe flames would probably look better on the bottom of the jersey, along the hem. Also, The red on red text treatment is not ideal, maybe white type would work better. The third doesn't really do anything for me; it just looks like overalls.

no

Yes.

The Flaming C is actually pretty cool. The current flaming C is one of the best logos in the NHL, but yours is a good modern update to it. I'd remove the flames from the center to the hem, but keep the yellow stripe there. I don't know about the third jersey striping pattern you got there. It's not bad, but it doesn't really fit with the rest of the set.

Creative, Lights Out. I always seem to enjoy your concepts, and this one doesn't disappoint.

I feel like this logo lacks a little bit of flow. While the current C might not be perfect, it still looks like the flames are trailing the letter because it's going forward. This looks like a C standing still with its back on fire.

Archived