Myrtle Beach Ospreys

BostonBlazer

It's been a while since I've actually done a concept. I'm kind of going back to doing sports logos, but I'm not sure how often I'll be posting these since I'm also working on stuff in 3D Studio Max.

Anyway, in this concept, I chose to use a type of bird. I went with an osprey. As you can see, he's holding a hockey stick with his claws. I decided to go with Myrtle Beach because of an idea for a secondary logo I might work on.

MBOspreys1.png

I like the idea, I love the name ospreys, and I like the color choice but the execution is a little off. There are far more people who could give better advice than me, but for one- the feet are way out of proportion haha see idk how much it helps but its a start, decent work so far keep it goin

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

I like the colors. Here are the issues I see with it though.

1-the most glaring problem is that the claws are not actually grasping the stick. the thumbs should be behind the stick coming up from underneath and the front claws should be more like a fist. we shouldnt be able to see the end of the front claws. right now it looks like the stick is just floating around behind the bird. plus the legs and claws seem too big. look at a picture of a real bird to fix the legs.

2-fonts are always just personal preference, but the OSPREYS font seems to playful and goofy in my opinion. im sure you can find a more appropriate font.

3- the bird could be bigger and the stick smaller. i know what you have here might actually be the correct size of an osprey in comparison to a hockey stick, but that doesnt matter in logos. i think the bird should be more prominent and the stick less prominent.

I like the wings outer shape and you should build off of that.

does anyone know what happen to east coast hockey league team that was going to be known as myrtle beach thunderblotz

I believe they're either waiting for Coastal Carolina to build an arena suitable for the team OR they're just going to keep with the Pee Dee Pride in Florence.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 1 month later...

I like it, but it looks more like a Single A club logo, or even roller hockey logo. Overall, not bad. By the way, kudos for using Myrtle Beach. That place is like a second home for me.

Me too man.

Well technically Sunset Beach is where my parent have a place, but I still head to Myrtle all the time. Brodway on the beach is so much fun at night.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

A lot of improvement as far as the talons grasping the stick. However they still seem a bit too big in proportion to the bird. Also, I think you need to work on the stick a bit as far as the width of the blade compared to the stick as well as the angle at which the blade rounds off. Nit-picky, I know, but still.

I agree that the font still doesn't work, though I don't have any specific recommendations (sorry). Try browsing through dafont.com to find something you like, that's what I normally do.

You were nit-picky indeed. However, I did update this concept.

For font number 3, I chose Century Gothic, but I'm unsure if this works or not. The outline around the bird is thicker, the stick's blade's at a bigger angle, and the talons are smaller, though it does look like he has less grip on the stick now. I'm not sure, but I'll leave it up to you guys.

MBOspreys3.png

I'll be working on the alternate logo for this concept. That should be up soon. ;)

I now have an alternate logo. And here it is:

MBOspreysAlt1.png

As I said in my first post, I had the idea of a secondary logo that I could work on. That idea came before the primary. I thought about using the palm tree and crescent moon from the South Carolina state flag, which was the reason I went with the blue and white color scheme you see here.

Archived