Updating an Islanders Logo

nash61

BEFORE:mjfh90bxecszrp1vt74hjs3jc.gif

AFTER:isle2.png

The biggest changes are the removal of the waves and the texturing of the lighthouse. The fact that the white on the lighthouse was textured, but the blue was not always bugged me.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's a good start, but I feel like there is too much left-to-right contrast, i.e. the logo as a whole goes from very dark to very light to very dark, from left to right. There is nothing wrong with that per se, but I think it creates an unbalanced feel. I feel like my eye is immediately drawn to the whitest part of the lighthouse, and the surrounding dark blue sides and background sort of get lost or ignored.

The original logo didn't have this problem because of the bright blue in the background that traverses most of the logo from left-to-right.

Your concept does look good though, I may just be nitpicking.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I say you add the NY logo for the team in the background and you have yourself something.

I tried, but it was too cluttered.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

i've played on recoloring this and trying to update it, too. it's difficult, because the essence of the logo still screams '90s to me. if you wanted to revamp it, i think you could go to the retro colors, maybe straighten out the lighthouse and figure out something to make the light beams look less...cartoonish? if that makes sense.

sig2024.png

Archived