LD's Nike NCAA Concepts

ltj009

I wanted to design a more traditional uniform for my alma mater, the U. I downloaded andrewharrington's (AWESOME) template in .svg and made what you see below in Inkscape. Enjoyed the process so much that I went on a logo sheet hunt and decided to maybe start a series depending on what I found. I am confined to the logo sheets (.pdf) I can find to extract quality vector graphics. If you have a better way, let me know! Hope you enjoy and pardon my makeshift Pro Combat style crest. :therock:

MiamiCrest.png

I wanted to do something different for the Canes using the Pro Combat template. Instead of forcing the half green, half orange designs and progressive uniform elements that have come to be associated with Miami uniforms, I went in the opposite direction aiming for a more traditional uniform style.

I kept the white helmet/white facemask design while removing the helmet stripe. I removed the helmet stripe to preserve a consistency I tried to create for each uniform. Instead of a mix and match approach with 3 different jerseys and 3 different pants, I went with 3 whole uniform designs meant to be worn specifically together.

The correspondence goes like this:

-Helmet color matches pants color. I prefer this paradigm, it's just personal preference. Therefore, I have 3 white pants; one for each jersey. The belt loops and side paneling match the color of the corresponding uniform.

-Stripes are consistent. The stripes found on the sleeves of each jersey match the stripes for the corresponding pants.

-Socks color match jersey color.

The shoes are just white with orange and green accent colors. I didn't go too crazy designing the shoes, just kept it simple.

Green numbers with orange stroke on the away, white numbers with opposite color stroke on home jerseys. Also, TV numbers on the shoulders.

MiamiPCv1.png

Update (12/17) Hi-Res

- Based on mbannon's response in post #2

MiamiPCv2.png

Update (12/19) Hi-Res

- Did a quick colored pants mockup for bigmike. Easiest way to make it work was to just keep things monochrome which I'm not particularly fond of, so maybe I'll revisit this more fully down the road.

MiamiPCv3.png

ltj009.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you have going here, and it's nice to see more of a classic look with the 'Canes. I have several suggestions though.

First, get rid of the colored "belt loops." It just looks very odd, and I've never seen a team do it, so on a classic design it doesn't work. Also, I would make all the belts white or make them the same color as the jersey.

Second, on the green and orange jerseys I would make the collar and sleeve cuffs the same color as the jersey. The white collars just don't work for me, and I've always hated colored cuffs with sleeve stripes.

Lastly, I would use a standard block font for the NOB like they do now. I just think it looks a lot better.

FSUCrest.png

I used the FSU 'Metallic Gold' found on the Logo Sheet I found for the Seminoles. I went with three options; an away white, home garnett, and alternate all black design for fun.

I kept the same helmet design, and also kept the non-alternate pants minimalist like the current pants. The only change I made was replacing the Chief logo with the interlocking FS on the sides. I also added a 'Noles' script using the Pro Combat font from last season vertically on the side, specifically for the black alternate.

The jersey features alternate colored sleeves with TV numbers and I featured the arrow head on the shoulders.

For the jersey numbers, I used a font called Bicycle that was the closest I could find to the Pro Combat font used for the lettering.

Hi-Res

FSUPCv1.png

Update (12/19) Hi-Res

- Mocked up a quick version without the alternate colored sleeves for bigmike. After seeing this, I'm torn on which version works better; definitely liking both though.

FSUPCv2.png

Hope you like.

Next: Northwestern, TCU, OK St., or Oregon State (Let me know if you prefer any listed)

ltj009.png

I think Florida State would look better without colored sleeves. Also, your Miami set looks great but you should just stick to one pair of white pants, if you want the sleeve stripes to match the pants just go ahead and make green and orange pants for the colored jerseys, but 3 white pants is a little too much. Overall these look really nice, I'd like to see Oregon State the most, and probably TCU 2nd most but thats just my opinion lol.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

OkStCrest.png

Per request, Oklahoma State is next up. I went with a white away with orange and black home sets. Additional to the usual white helmet for the Cowboys, I made a black one. I think I read on these boards that Nike approaced OK St. about becoming the next Oregon, so maybe that will help that cause. :grin:

You may notice a 'silver' stroke on the logos. According to the logo sheet it is "OSU Silver." I left it on the logos but omitted it from the design as a whole.

I made the sleeves/shoulders black, putting the 'OSU' logo on the sleeves and TV numbers on the shoulders.

The front of the jerseys feature 'STATE' on the away and 'COWBOYS' on the homes. The number font is consistent with the wordmark/logo fonts, featuring the bezel.

The pants are interchangeable. They have a side panel similar to the current uniforms.

OkStPCv1.png

Update (12/19) Hi-Res

- Fixed the grey problem. Didn't really notice it until I started changing the colors to black. Thanks for the heads up. I think the black really pops.

OkStPCv2.png

ltj009.png

I would love to see what you come up with for TCU.

All of these look incredible so far. My favorite is OSU by far, it look's really cool, and I love the use of the dark grey instead of black.

If you don't mind me asking, what font did you use for OSU?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I would love to see what you come up with for TCU.

All of these look incredible so far. My favorite is OSU by far, it look's really cool, and I love the use of the dark grey instead of black.

If you don't mind me asking, what font did you use for OSU?

Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

I actually use the dark grey in place of black just to let the seams from the template show through, so it's technically meant to be black, but I'm glad you like it. ^_^

The font is straight from the logo sheet I found for OSU. Here is a link to an .svg I made of the logos, fonts, and wordmarks I took off the .pdf I found : OkStLogos.svg. You'll see what I mean.

Looks like TCU is coming next.

Until then...

ltj009.png

I like OSU, especially the fonts. It looks really sharp.

However, I would use a much darker gray. It's a little distracting with that light of a gray representing black. And you can see the seams on the other colors, so it wouldn't be a big deal if they were hard to see on the black uni.

I like OSU, especially the fonts. It looks really sharp.

However, I would use a much darker gray. It's a little distracting with that light of a gray representing black. And you can see the seams on the other colors, so it wouldn't be a big deal if they were hard to see on the black uni.

You're definitely right. I updated using the "OSU Black" from the logo sheet. I think I got everything. I think I used 80% Gray in Inkscape, didn't realize how light it actually looked until I saw it next to the real black.

80% done TCU right now, have to make some finishing touches and then I'll put it up probably tomorrow morning. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

ltj009.png

I like the OSU concept, but I would have left the alternate white helmet in.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

TCUCrest.png

Here's TCU. I never realized how badass the frog logo was until I saw a high quality version of it. That being said, I tried to feature it throughout the design.

For my main concept, I went with a light grey away and purple and black home sets. For show, I also mocked up a version with a white away for comparison. Let me know which you prefer.

The jersey sleeves are consistently black and adorned with the frog. Across the front of the away it features 'TCU' with 'HORNED FROGS' on the homes, similar to the current uniforms.

For the lettering and numbers I decided to use the Houston Texans truetype font. I think it looks nice with TCU.

The pants feature a black side panel using elements from the back of this logo to make a makeshift stripe.

The helmet is purple with the familiar wordmark/frog combination logo on the side and a black stripe and facemask. I also made an alternate black helmet (see below).

Version 1 - Lt. Gray/Purple/Black Hi-Res

TCUPCv1.png

Version 2 - White/Purple/Black Hi-Res

TCUPCv2.png

Alternate Helmet

TCUPCAltHelmet.png

Let me know what you think...

Got some new logo sheets so for the next design we can go : Kansas, Northwestern, Oregon State, Texas? I'll keep looking for more.

ltj009.png

Update (12/20)

TCU Posted

Also, here are links to hi-res versions of the concepts. The resolution I embed the images in doesn't really do them justice in my opinion so if you want to see the details a little more clearly or just criticize my shoddy tracing work here you go.

Miami : White Pants Colored Pants

FSU : Alt Sleeves Matching Sleeves

Ok St. : Updated Black

TCU : Grey White

ltj009.png

The TCU uniforms are sweet! I love the use of the frog, and that pants stripe is sick. Also, I like the black helmet...just make the facemask black.

And I like the silver unis, but I think the NCAA might have a rule against them. If not though, stick with the silver.

OkStCrest.png

Per request, Oklahoma State is next up. I went with a white away with orange and black home sets. Additional to the usual white helmet for the Cowboys, I made a black one. I think I read on these boards that Nike approaced OK St. about becoming the next Oregon, so maybe that will help that cause. :grin:

You may notice a 'silver' stroke on the logos. According to the logo sheet it is "OSU Silver." I left it on the logos but omitted it from the design as a whole.

I made the sleeves/shoulders black, putting the 'OSU' logo on the sleeves and TV numbers on the shoulders.

The front of the jerseys feature 'STATE' on the away and 'COWBOYS' on the homes. The number font is consistent with the wordmark/logo fonts, featuring the bezel.

The pants are interchangeable. They have a side panel similar to the current uniforms.

OkStPCv1.png

Update (12/19) Hi-Res

- Fixed the grey problem. Didn't really notice it until I started changing the colors to black. Thanks for the heads up. I think the black really pops.

OkStPCv2.png

Love the OSU ones. Thats all I have to say

ACU2.gif

Archived