LD's Nike NCAA Concepts

ltj009

I really like the TCU concept, but the inclusion of some frog skin would make it better. Maybe the collars and cuffs?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TexasCrest.png

This was a tough one. Texas has such a classic design, it's really hard to mess with it. I tried to keep things simple using only the burnt orange and white. I threw in an alternate silver set just for the sake of having an alternate. I don't really think Texas should have or needs an alternate, so take it with a grain of salt. I chose silver instead of black because of what the basketball team may or may not be pulling out this year.

Kept the classic helmet design. White on white with the longhorn.

The jerseys are pretty plain. The only thing I added was a thin stripe separating the sleeve from the shoulder. The numbers are on the sleeves and front of the jersey. Each jersey has 'TEXAS' across the front.

The pants are pretty much the same as the current Texas set. Just the longhorn logo on the sides, no stipes or panels. I added a burnt orange pair as well.

For the font, I used Copperplate Gothic Bold (Golden State Warriors, anyone? jk). This is a stretch from the typical block font but I think it works well for Texas.

Hi-Res

TexasPCv1.png

Update (12/21) Hi-Res

- Changed the font from Copperplate Gothic Bold to MLB Tuscan per numerous requests. I like the change (except I'm not totally crazy about the seven).

TexasPCv2.png

ltj009.png

Updates (12/21)

- Texas Longhorns added; let me know what you think.

What are you guys thinking for the next one? Kansas, Northwestern, Boise St. (have logo sheets for these); or pick your own and I'll see what I can find. I did the Texas one using just the .svg logo I pulled off Wikipedia so I can attempt this method again for a school of your choice. Probably won't be able to do it with a school like Oregon but throw something out there and I'll consider it.

ltj009.png

Thank you for making a TCU concept without red.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Thank you for making a TCU concept without red.

Ha, no problem. I get the whole blood shooting from the eyes thing but I didn't want to force it into their color scheme. I think purple, black, and grey are enough.

ltj009.png

Not liking the Cooperplate, or the white/orange piping on the sleeve for that matter. If you use a curly number font (kind of like the TEXAS font on their basketball unis) instead of the one you've got now, you've got yourself a winner.

I agree about the font. My original idea was to go with something you said, specifically the font that the Texas Rangers use. I searched for a while but couldn't find anything that seemed fit for a football jersey so I settled. There is a similar font called Thunderbird SB but I just couldn't envision it working. There is also something in the MLB Truetype collection called MLB Tuscan but again it's too cartoony. I'll try to figure it out.

Edit : So it seems that the "curly" number style is called a "tuscan" style, learn something new everyday. Anyway ... I'll do a quick mockup using this font in place of the Copperplate for comparison. I'll get that up later tonight.

Next up I'm thinking Boise State or Louisville.

ltj009.png

You know, I wasn't entirely sure that changing Texas would work, but wow, that gray actually looks good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like this except the number font, not a great football number font imo. I would go with a block font or something similar to what CJ said.

And for the next school, I pick Kansas.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Update (12/21 PM)

- Changed the fonts for Texas (see post #23). Went with MLB Tuscan over the Copperplate Gothic Bold. I like the change. I also changed the NOB to a straight Varsity Block.

Finally a couple requests for Kansas. I'm going to take the night to think about some ideas but next is either going to be Boise State, Kansas, or Louisville.

Keep the comments coming. Really appreciate it.

ltj009.png

LouisvilleCrest.png

I chose Louisville next because I love the Cardinal head logo and color scheme. I thought it would be easy to whip up something cool looking for the Cards, but I struggled with this one. Maybe I'm losing it. :wacko: My main ideas for themes going in were to keep it simple with the red and black (minimal strokes) and stay away from using 'The Ville'.

Anyway, went with a white away, red home and black alt. Decided on a shoulder wrap around at the edge of the sleeves, pointed at the ends. I wanted to clean up what they currently wear because I think it just looks sloppy. The sleeves feature the cardinal head. My first qualm with this jersey is that because of the placement of the cardinal head and shoulder element, I don't have room for TV numbers. I personally don't mind, but if this is a problem hit me up with suggestions for placement.

The pants feature a single stripe that lines the front edges of the PC side panel. The cardinal head sits right above. Let me tell you, I went through like 7 variations of striping for the pants before I decided to go with this one. Again, if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

The numbering is just a Nike shadowed Varsity Block style font. And the NOB is done in standard Varsity Block. At first I tried to use a font called Delta Jaeger (apparently the official font of Louisville) but it just didn't work on a uniform, at least in my opinion. I like how the shadowed block looks though.

Lastly, went with 2 helmet variations. The familiar white Louisville helmet and an alternate black version.

Hi-Res

LouisvillePCv1.png

ltj009.png

Update (12/22)

- Added Louisville (see above)

- Went on an official college logo sheet/visual identity guide/branding PDF search rampage last night and now have the following for use in upcoming concepts : Baylor, Boise State, Fresno State, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Maryland, Memphis, Nevada, Northwestern, Oregon State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, UCF, USF, UTEP. I like to start with these because they give me the best array of high-quality .svg (I'm using Inkscape, btw) graphics to base my concepts off of, so if you have any requests I'd prefer if you stuck to this list. I'll update as I find more.

- For other requests, I'll do my best trying to find elements on the web (ie Wikipedia, etc.) to get some workable elements for a legit concept. With USC for example, I just can't find any quality .svg's with their athletic logos so I'm sort of stuck.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys and keep it coming. I'll keep churning these out as time permits and try to accomodate everyone's requests and ideas.

- Leon

ltj009.png

SoMissCrest.png

I figured I would fully rectify the "Beef" Bowl from last night before moving on, so here's Southern Miss. Really though, I got a load of this logo (SoMissAttackLogo.png) and I immediately had an idea for a uniform. Also, I always hated the number font that Southern Miss uses on their current set. It's like a high school uniform. So my goal was to bring the Golden Eagles up to snuff with the big kids.

First off, went with a white away, black home and gold alt. The main thing I had in mind was to add wings to the shoulder as you see below, similar to Oregon's design. I added the wordmarks to the front of the uniforms and changed the numbers to a font called Broad. I also tried something new with the collar.

The pants feature the logo mentioned above. The sides feature a vertical wing element.

The helmet is black with a black facemask and gold stripe. I replaced the familiar 'Southern Miss' with the Eagle head logo.

Hi-Res

SoMissPCv1.png

Update (12/23) Hi-Res

-Changed a few things with ideas from aawagner011 and mbannon. First, I changed the number font to a less Oregon-esque version. Second, I changed the wing on the pant to be an outline to better match the shoulder wing.

SoMissPCv2.png

ltj009.png

Archived