LD's Nike NCAA Concepts

ltj009

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting some serious Iowa Hawkeyes vibes on the helmet. The rest of the concept is good, much better than their current set. However, the wings plus the number font are making it feel very Oregon like. I know the font is different and it's more squished down, it just looks similar to me. I think you could do a variation of this set and establish a more unique identity. I think the pants could also do with a touch up as it looks like the wings just suddenly stop. I would make them more consistent with the wing designs on the jersey ie. the jerseys simply feature a wing outline where as the pants feature a filled in wing. I'd pick one and do whichever you select.

Got a good start here, though I think it could do with some refining.

I'm getting some serious Iowa Hawkeyes vibes on the helmet. The rest of the concept is good, much better than their current set. However, the wings plus the number font are making it feel very Oregon like. I know the font is different and it's more squished down, it just looks similar to me. I think you could do a variation of this set and establish a more unique identity. I think the pants could also do with a touch up as it looks like the wings just suddenly stop. I would make them more consistent with the wing designs on the jersey ie. the jerseys simply feature a wing outline where as the pants feature a filled in wing. I'd pick one and do whichever you select.

Got a good start here, though I think it could do with some refining.

I see what you're saying. I fixed the image, so the issue with the pant wing ending abruptly should be resolved. Photobucket is giving me trouble tonight. I definitely notice the Oregon similarities, but this wasn't fully intentional. The wings definitely were supposed to be Oregon-esque but I didn't realize how similar the font was. I also like your idea about making the wing on the shoulder and pant vibe a little better. I'll see what I can do with that.

ltj009.png

KansasCrest.png

Kansas' uniform has always been pretty plain. I didn't want to do anything too crazy, just give it something more than the current set.

I went with an away white, home blue and alt red. The sleeves feature the 'KU' logo and I added a small element between the shoulder and main body of the jersey. For the numbering I used a font called 'Trajan', which is the official font listed on the Kansas Visual Identity Guide.

The pants also feature the 'KU' with a stripe element on the side panel.

The helmet is blue with a red facemask and white 'KU' with a red stroke.

I tried a bunch of different ways to get the Jayhawk logo and even the Jayhawk head alone onto the jersey somewhere but it just didn't work in my opinion.

Hi-Res

KansasPCv1.png

Update (12/25) Hi-Res

- Replaced KU on the sleeves with the Jayhawk.

KansasPCv2.png

ltj009.png

OregonStateCrest.png

Unlike Kansas, I wanted to totally "Nike" out Oregon State.

I went with a white away, black home, and orange alt. I used the paneling of the Pro Combat template to create a "vest" so to speak. I didn't want to recreate the infamous sports bra look from years past, I think what I did works well. The wrap around on the back says 'Oregon State' on the away and 'Beavers' on the homes. The sleeves have the TV numbers. The font I used is called Handel Gothic Bold. I tried to find OSU's font on the internet but it is one of those exclusive Nike fonts. So this is the closest I came up with. It does look like Miami's font but it is definitely unique.

The pants also feature a thick stripe that wraps around the back of the pants. The sides feature the 'OS' logo.

The helmet is black with an orange stripe and facemask. Instead of the familiar Beaver logo, I used the inerlocking 'OS' logo to stay consistent with the jersey design.

Hi-Res

OregonStatePCv1.png

ltj009.png

Merry Christmas to you to.

I REALLY like Kansas. The idea is simple but I think it works great. And the red uniform is sick.

When I first looked at Oregon State, I thought it was to much. But now I think it actually looks really cool. I love the pants also. If you look at the orange jersey, with the black design, it looks like the jersey is wearing a vest. Just thought I'd point that out. lol

And just to tell you, when you make the helmets. I think you should ungroup the facemask, that way you can change the color of the things holding the mask in place, and you can change the light shine color.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Kansas: I like MOST of these unis. I would get rid of the stripe things on the chest...they don't really fit IMO with the classic pants stripe. Also, I think the jayhawk logo would work on the sleeves. I would put that or the numbers on the sleeves. A few too many "KU"s for me.

Oregon State: I REALLY like these! You made the side panel design work really well, and I like the wordmarks on the back. Great job!

Update (12/25)

- Updated Kansas for mbannon. Replaced KU on sleeves with Jayhawk. (See post #49, above)

Forecast is calling for 6-12" of snow over the next 48 hours out my way. This could mean a lot of time in front of the comp churning out concepts. Baylor will be coming next, but if you want to see anyone in particular following that let me know.

ltj009.png

Archived