Temple Owls logo

FlyersHockey1967

Does anyone know anything about this logo? I've never seen it before this year and I could only find it three or four times in 50 pages of Google Images.

221.gif

The above logo is a modified version of the logo with a hockey stick. It was used by the Temple Roller Hockey team jerseys, most likely for their first few seasons of existence because the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association website still uses this particular logo and not the updated logos from the newer uniforms.

Notice how the above roller hockey logo looks older while the below logo from Fox Sports uses the current "John Cheney" head and colors. The below logo is also the one I saw on a school sweatshirt.

15.png

EDIT: I also found another modified logo used for the "OwlSports Update" videos, which you can see here:

http://www.templetv.net/shows/owlsports-update/owlsports-update-12-10-2010/

As a side note, there's a feature at 8:14 that talks about the inconsistency in the colors used for the school's apparel and uniforms and Liacouras Center hardwood.

I remember seeing it in 2K's NCAA hoops games, and as Barrish can tell ya, I used a dirty version of it for an old Temple concept (because like you, I had a hell of a time finding it, and apparently 3-4 years hasn't improved the situation all that much). As mentioned, it aint X-line, it's official, but it seems Temple doesn't use it much compared to the one with its wings spread.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I remember seeing it in 2K's NCAA hoops games, and as Barrish can tell ya, I used a dirty version of it for an old Temple concept (because like you, I had a hell of a time finding it, and apparently 3-4 years hasn't improved the situation all that much). As mentioned, it aint X-line, it's official, but it seems Temple doesn't use it much compared to the one with its wings spread.

I had a feeling it was official and that the school has to have the logo on hand somewhere because of my own sightings in the original post. Furthermore, I have actually seen the roller jersey in question.

http://www.temple.edu/campusrec/sportclubs/rollerhockey/index.html

If you look at the picture, you'll see a pre-EDGE Calgary Flames template. And the logo on the front is the one with the hockey stick, which you can also see here: http://ecrha.net/teamlist.php I don't know when the team was created, but it's a good bet that logo was used for at least the first season of existence.

No it's not X line. does Temple have club or D1 hockey?

club ice hockey and roller hockey. but the roller hockey team is more known than the ice

Is that the case? I'd have thought roller was less well known than ice. Ice hockey would seem to be a sport people would naturally think of when they think of club sports, but a lot of people don't even think of roller, much less think that there's an entire collegiate league for it.

But yes, like ricearoni1287 stated, Temple has club ice hockey (D2 ACHA) and club roller hockey (D1 and B Division ECRHA).

Archived