My First Vectorisation

Ricky_Roby

I found a bunch of photos for logos that are missing from the site - thought I'd try my hand at some vectorisation. I used Paint.net and Inkscape, and here's what I came up with one my first go around.

I picked the simplest image I could - I tried with some of the other photos, and they didn't turn out quite as good as this one. If any of you have any pointers or tricks with those programs, let me know, and I'll try again with the other pics...

Drummondville Voltigeurs alternate

drummondville_voltigeurs.jpg

volts3.png

I think you did good! You captured the details well and gave it a rough old edge about it, which is what the logo is vibing to me. The only thing you could really improve on is the yellow outline, which seems a little bumpy, and the original is more smoothed out. But I don't mind the bumpiness of the outline.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

This looks really good. You might want to smooth out some of the black areas as well, such as the left (our left) edge of the hat. I think it only may have looked "bumpy" on the stitched logo because of the actual thread. Same could be said about some of the other "bumpy"-looking edges of the thread.

But overall, I don't really think you need to change a thing. Nice work!

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like it has just been live traced?

I was gonna say the same thing...looks like LiveTrace was used...definitely is not the work of a pen tool. What program did you make these on?

98Falcons.png

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like it has just been live traced?

I was gonna say the same thing...looks like LiveTrace was used...definitely is not the work of a pen tool. What program did you make these on?

I used PhotoStudio to fill in the best I could, then I used Inkscape to auto-trace, but it came out weird. I went back and tried to straighten the lines a bit with Paint.net, but I got tired and my eyes started to hurt, so I stopped :P

Archived