RI Flag Concept

JamieRose

I had an idea after seeing Jahgee's flag thread and the "Good Flags, Bad Flags" link that was posted in it. I realized that my own state has a pretty bad flag. The design is a little too detailed and on a plain white field. So I decided to redesign it!

This is the current flag

500px-Flag_of_Rhode_Island.svg.png

And here's my initial design

Flag1.png

My main goal was to add more visual interest while simplifying the overall design. I took detail out of the anchor (and actually used a version from my fantasy football team) and got rid of the banner that says "Hope". Yes it is the state motto, but looking at GFBF, the flag doesn't need words. Besides, the gold color and the anchor itself are considered symbols of hope. The 13 stars remain to symbolize the 13th state to join the union. The colors behind represent the coast of the Ocean State at night, with a deep green sea and a navy sky.

I really want some feedback on this before I move forward. I think I may submit it to the new Governor too.

TDZiMMB.png

I had an idea after seeing Jahgee's flag thread and the "Good Flags, Bad Flags" link that was posted in it. I realized that my own state has a pretty bad flag. The design is a little too detailed and on a plain white field. So I decided to redesign it!

This is the current flag

500px-Flag_of_Rhode_Island.svg.png

And here's my initial design

Flag1.png

My main goal was to add more visual interest while simplifying the overall design. I took detail out of the anchor (and actually used a version from my fantasy football team) and got rid of the banner that says "Hope". Yes it is the state motto, but looking at GFBF, the flag doesn't need words. Besides, the gold color and the anchor itself are considered symbols of hope. The 13 stars remain to symbolize the 13th state to join the union. The colors behind represent the coast of the Ocean State at night, with a deep green sea and a navy sky.

I really want some feedback on this before I move forward. I think I may submit it to the new Governor too.

Yay, my first inspired spinoff

btw, what is my flag thread

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Nice idea. Something about the color scheme feels kinda like a shirt I would've worn in the mid 90's, guess it's the teal and gold. The anchor redraw is a little clunky and thick, maybe you could make it a little sleeker. And like someone else said I'd lose the outline on the anchor and stars. But I'm liking the two stripe look

Archived