IT BEGINS...first high school colored field unveiled

devilray2k1

Well the kids like it. That's all that matters.

I bet the kids' parents, AKA THE TAXPAYERS, aren't huge fans.

Actually, not really. Artificial turf reduces the need for various expenses for the school. They don't have to keep up soccer fields now, as soccer teams will play on the turf, and the artificial surface allows other teams (i.e. baseball and softball) to practice on the field year-round. It saves the need to upkeep the actual grass on the playing field and all things considered, it reduces expenses over time.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sizemorematters is right I think. My high school had a turf field (regular green, though), and it saved the school a boatload of money. They didn't have to spend on taking care of the grass, the soccer team used it which allowed them to avoid spening more to make a soccer stadium, and having played on the baseball team, I can tell you he's right in the point that the team can use it for practice (although it was utter hell trying to field grounders on it), without having to muck up our own field and spend money taking care of that. So really, if you use it right, turf fields can be a bargain all across the board for a school and well worth the investment.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It's Texas. Knowing the local obsession with high school football, the residents probably donated the money to pay for it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's Texas. Knowing the local obsession with high school football, the residents probably donated the money to pay for it.

I remember an article from a few years back that said these things get put on the ballot as referendums and almost always pass :rolleyes:

Archived