Minor leaguer suing the Ducks over religious harassment.

charger77

Fun fact. Darwin was a member of the clergy who wrote in the preface to his Origin of the Species book that he believed all of what he was about to describe and theorize about was set in motion by G-d.

I, for one, happen to take that approach.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, except for the very silly "worship Darwin" crack, which did a whole lot to undermine the point you were trying to make.

Being that I've often seen atheists wear white t-shirts with this symbol on it...

DarwinFish.jpg

...while single-handedly claiming they accept other people's differences only to tell them that their respective religion is bull :censored:. I think it gives me the right, off of my experiences alone, to make that statement.

True, except for the very silly "worship Darwin" crack, which did a whole lot to undermine the point you were trying to make.

Being that I've often seen atheists wear white t-shirts with this symbol on it...

DarwinFish.jpg

...while single-handedly claiming they accept other people's differences only to tell them that their respective religion is bull :censored:. I think it gives me the right, off of my experiences alone, to make that statement.

I'm partial to these variations myself....

fishnchips.pnggefilte.jpg

:P

Really though, there are atheists who can be just as pushy as more evangelical religious folks. This is notable because they generally do talk about how intolerant religions are and how they're wrong for forcing themselves on others, yet they're doing to the same bloody thing.

Not all (dare I say most?) atheists aren't like that, though. Just like religious extremists the atheist extremists make up a small, yet vocal minority. Most are like most believers I've met. They just want the freedom to believe (or in their case to not believe) without someone telling them they're wrong for doing so. I think everyone, regardless of what they believe or don't believe, is entitled to that.

Archived