Minor leaguer suing the Ducks over religious harassment.

charger77

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't blame him. He's not going to be making money from being in the NHL anytime soon and he probably has some bills to pay.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Can't we all just get along ?

Not as long as religion exists.

I don't completely agree with that statement. But it does have its negatives. I mean I can accept other religions, just don't force me to do anything and I won't force anything on them. People make to much of a deal because our religions are slightly different.

I don't completely agree with that statement. But it does have its negatives. I mean I can accept other religions, just don't force me to do anything and I won't force anything on them. People make to much of a deal because our religions are slightly different.

That's just it. 66.6% of the Abrahamic religions teach that you're a bad follower if you don't convert as many "heathens" as possible.

Can't blame him. He's not going to be making money from being in the NHL anytime soon and he probably has some bills to pay.

I doubt this was your full meaning, but it's not right to assume it's just a money grab. Unfortunately, that kind of assumption (although probably not your intention) can be spun into a well known derogatory Jewish stereotype. I just think he's doing the right thing, that's why the applicable laws are in place. Religious discrimination is illegal, and companies/employers should be hammered for it, when warranted.

The problem (at least based on my experience) is that the "forcing" religious types tend to be the most vocal and in-your-face of all religious people. So it's hard (for me at least) to dissociate religion in general from those who force their beliefs on other people, since I typically remember these types of religious people more than those who know how to practice their religion while respecting others enough to let them believe what they want. It's sad. Maybe it's something I need to work on.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Religion has nothing to do with being treating people improperly. Religion at it's core teaches people to treat others properly and to lift each other up. The problem is that people are selfish by nature and have this urge to get ahead by putting other people down and elevating themselves. I know the in the Bible Jesus says, "The greatest commandment is to Love thy Lord with all thy heart, might, mind and stregnth and the second is likened unto it, love thy neighbor as thyself." I know many other religions are the same. Religion is not bad. Some people within religion are bad. 99.9% of religious people are good and kind, yet we only hear about the arrogant and bad apples. Now as far as this goes, I say let justice and time take it's course to see who's right and who's wrong.

I strongly disagree with the 99.9%. I would be more likely to say that over 99.9% of religious people aren't good and kind. And non-religious people are generally "better" and "kinder" than religious people, based on my experience.

Yeah, I've met a bunch of atheists, specifically at my school, and I've never once had someone try to force their religion (or lack thereof) on me, however it happens all the time when I encounter Christians. I mean, I'm a Christian, but not a big one at all, even though I'm getting Confirmed into the Roman Catholic Church this spring (only to not start a huge fight in my family though). Pushy Christians keep pushing (no pun intended) me away from the Church.

6fQjS3M.png

I doubt this was your full meaning, but it's not right to assume it's just a money grab. Unfortunately, that kind of assumption (although probably not your intention) can be spun into a well known derogatory Jewish stereotype. I just think he's doing the right thing, that's why the applicable laws are in place. Religious discrimination is illegal, and companies/employers should be hammered for it, when warranted.

I both take offence at your assertion that faith is wrong while applaud your assertion that people of my faith being persecuted is wrong ^_^

I strongly disagree with the 99.9%. I would be more likely to say that over 99.9% of religious people aren't good and kind. And non-religious people are generally "better" and "kinder" than religious people, based on my experience.

Yeah, I've met a bunch of atheists, specifically at my school, and I've never once had someone try to force their religion (or lack thereof) on me, however it happens all the time when I encounter Christians. I mean, I'm a Christian, but not a big one at all, even though I'm getting Confirmed into the Roman Catholic Church this spring (only to not start a huge fight in my family though). Pushy Christians keep pushing (no pun intended) me away from the Church.

I have met atheists who are just as bad as evangelical Christians when it comes to pushing their beliefs on people. Atheists certainly aren't innocent in the whole "getting in your face about their beliefs" thing.

Personally? I see faith as a personal thing. If belief in Christ, the Torah, Allah, or anything else (or nothing at all), works for you, then fantastic. Just don't push your beliefs on others. I try to conduct myself that way, though loogodude will probably tell me I don't conduct myself that way because I believe in G-d. And if you believe in G-d you're EVIL! :P

Archived