Monash Uni Baseball- rebrand

DeadFish

On my first thread on this forum I shared some logos that I did for my local team, Monash University. They weren't great, and I didn't have the time or ability to really improve them at the time. After some lurking and learning I've given it another shot, but started from scratch.

This is what I have at the moment.

11avd7a.png

The white arch shape in the "MU" logo is taken from the Monash University crest. The pig and cow are a nod to the unofficial logos that in various guises have appeared on our club newsletter for as long as I've been around.

Current Cap logo

82873.jpg

What generally gets around as our logo, and uniform wordmark

Monash%20University.jpg

For uniforms I've gone with two tops. Currently we wear the one uniform (navy blue top with sky blue sleeves/white pants) but there is a push for teams to have an alternate top for clashes. I've moved away from the Navy for the main for a couple of reasons - I believe it is preferred by the Uni, teams wearing Navy tops are a dime a dozen in Melbourne and I just wanted to change things up.

k0oy86.png

Holy crap. That'll definetly put the footy team to shame.

The only thing i am picking on is the lightning bolt on the farmers cheek and the eyes,

makes it look a little children of the corn ish.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I don't like having the words "Monash Uni" on a jersey. It just doesn't seem right, try using just "Monash".

I don't have a problem with it. I'm assuming it's more normal of a thing in Australia?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

In the last thread about your Monash team, you showed a possible logo at the very end showing the big in front of the baseball with a blue circle around it saying "Monash University Farmers." You might want to consider dropping the circle and putting the pig logo on your hats.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Agree that 'Uni' in the secondary wordmark isn't needed. And I don't think the arch works with your block letters - the arch takes your eye in the wrong direction when the letters are in a simple diagonal. I'd just go with your stylised M on the cap.

Holy crap. That'll definetly put the footy team to shame.

The only thing i am picking on is the lightning bolt on the farmers cheek and the eyes,

makes it look a little children of the corn ish.

Thanks! Ironically it was the footy team that inspired me to incorporate the arch shape - I actually really like their jumper.

I think I need some shadow where the lightning bolt is but I'll try "de-lightning" it.

I don't like having the words "Monash Uni" on a jersey. It just doesn't seem right, try using just "Monash".

I don't have a problem with it. I'm assuming it's more normal of a thing in Australia?

Well, no. As far as I know no University baseball team has "Uni" on their uniforms, and currently we don't. It's an Aussie thing to say "Uni" instead of "University" (unless everyone does it). The main reason I wanted to add it is we don't play in a University/College League so I wanted the uniform to push that we are Monash University as opposed to just Monash (also why I wanted to get a "U" on the cap). Changing it will be easy enough if people don't like it.

I think the secondary logo would be stronger if you used the font from the wordmarks. The block letters looks out of place next to that lovely stylized font.

Agree that 'Uni' in the secondary wordmark isn't needed. And I don't think the arch works with your block letters - the arch takes your eye in the wrong direction when the letters are in a simple diagonal. I'd just go with your stylised M on the cap.

I will try using the stylized font in the secondary. For the moment I'm still keen on trying to utilise the arch, but we'll see. I think the "M" would make a nice cap in the end.

I also plan on rejigging the Farmers script some. I looked again at the photo that inspired the script and feel that as it stands the "Farmers" is a bit too similar to claim as my own (I think the Monash is fine). I hope you'll still like it.

Try putting the pig from the old log on the cap. That pig was awesome.

Glad you like the pig! I'm not sure he fits with this concept and don't think the club would want to go with a pig on it's cap (though I'd like it :grin: ). Maybe I'll put one on the cap template just for you.

I'll post again when I've got some updates. Thanks all.

Try putting the pig from the old log on the cap. That pig was awesome.

Glad you like the pig! I'm not sure he fits with this concept and don't think the club would want to go with a pig on it's cap (though I'd like it :grin: ). Maybe I'll put one on the cap template just for you.

That'd be awesome...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

• 7 months later...

Okay, it took some time (sorry if anyone was waiting) but I finally made some tweaks. Changed the Farmers wordmark a bit, swapped some colours around, tweaked the face, dropped the "uni" (for now) and changed the cap mark.

I ditched the arch for a couple of reasons - doing a bit of research I found the arch is a fairly common feature of University shields - hardly specifically Monash, but mostly because I couldn't get it to work to my satisfaction with the stylized font. I added a second cap logo just for kicks.

28iooid.png

Archived