CHL Parting ways with RBK?

Littlem27

I was talking to a sports retail outlet in Belleville ON and they said that the OHL has not signed any deal with RBK to begin production on the next years jerseys. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has heard this. RBK Edge hasn't gone over that well with the OHL so far so just wondering.

SP Apparel makes the jerseys for the ECHL and the other minor leagues, so I would suspect that the CHL would go with them if not with Reebok, but I highly doubt that the CHL intends to revert back to the pre-Edge type jerseys, and ditch the Reebok Edge ones all together, I just can't see it happening.

SP Apparel website

I believe Reebok's deal with the NHL runs out after next season, and have been hearing Nike wants to jump in and take its spot. Nike is outfitting a bunch of NCAA teams in the states so they are still very much in the apparel and uniform business.

No idea what is going to happen with the CHL but after losing the NFL, Reebok can't afford to lose any more of its clients.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I believe Reebok's deal with the NHL runs out after next season, and have been hearing Nike wants to jump in and take its spot. Nike is outfitting a bunch of NCAA teams in the states so they are still very much in the apparel and uniform business.

No idea what is going to happen with the CHL but after losing the NFL, Reebok can't afford to lose any more of its clients.

With Reebok losing the NFL in 2012, I find it hard to believe that they will let the NHL slip to Nike as well.

If this happens I really hope they learn from Reebok's many mistakes and don't try and reinvent the wheel like they did. All the edge designs worth keeping could easily be transferred to the 6100 format or at least something similar. My fear is that we have another league-wide redesign where all the progress made towards making the Edge jerseys bearable is thrown out the door for futuristic ideas.

Archived