New Contest: Winter League make-over

oaklandhusker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd consider doing the Brewers, but I'm a little confused... like why would there be a winter league team in Brooklyn? Don't winter league teams have to play somewhere that's it's feasible to play baseball in the winter?

I'd consider doing the Brewers, but I'm a little confused... like why would there be a winter league team in Brooklyn? Don't winter league teams have to play somewhere that's it's feasible to play baseball in the winter?

Ordinarily, I would agree with this comment. However, this is, in fact, a concept.

We can do what we want with that. The point is the uniform, how the team name is connected to the city, and how the team name is connected to the parent club.

Consider it an off-season league, if you must.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I want to compete, but we can't be constantly changing rules. We need a concrete competition before this will be taken seriously.

That said, I'll take the Angels if this really gets off the ground.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I want to compete, but we can't be constantly changing rules. We need a concrete competition before this will be taken seriously.

That said, I'll take the Angels if this really gets off the ground.

The rules that are currently posted are FINAL. That's it. I was just a little scater-brained at first. Do you want the Angels?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

My team is going to be called the Bowling Green Racers Snakes. It is the state reptile and almost all of the other Indian farm teams resemble something in Ohio, like the Akron Aeros are referring to Ohio being the Birthplace of Aviation. B)

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

My Marlins team will be the Broward County(FL)Officers because of all the hard working policemen and woman in Broward County. My Rangers one is going to be the Santa Fe Cactuses,because of the deserts in New Mexico.

Maybe you already know this, but the plural of cactus is "cacti", not that sports teams necessarily care about grammar all the time (Maple LeaFs and all the teams ending in Z's like Owlz and Starzz) so maybe this was your intention.

My Marlins team will be the Broward County(FL)Officers because of all the hard working policemen and woman in Broward County. My Rangers one is going to be the Santa Fe Cactuses,because of the deserts in New Mexico.

Yeah, but how are you going to connect the Officers to the Marlins, and the Cactuses/ Cacti to the Rangers?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Archived