Fort Lauderdale Strikers Wordmark/Tertiary logo unveiled

fishheatcats

Miami FC officially changed it's name to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers tonight and unveiled their new wordmark and a tertiary logo. Very nice IMO:

miami_logo.png

strikerstix_ad0454.jpg

Apparently the proper team crest/logo is still being finalized but this is a great start. They've definitely outclassed what the new "Rowdies" did, both before and after they had to change to FC Tampa Bay for legal reasons.

Miami FC officially changed it's name to the Fort Lauderdale Strikers tonight and unveiled their new wordmark and a tertiary logo. Very nice IMO:

miami_logo.png

strikerstix_ad0454.jpg

Apparently the proper team crest/logo is still being finalized but this is a great start. They've definitely outclassed what the new "Rowdies" did, both before and after they had to change to FC Tampa Bay for legal reasons.

great idea, bad execution

miami_logo.png

strikerstix_ad0454.jpg

I think that's pretty sharp. Win in my book

miami_logo.png

Love it. Would looks great if they made it the crest on their shirts.

strikerstix_ad0454.jpg

Like how they kept the Candice font from the old Strikers. The block letter STRIKERS, reminiscent of their old away kits, is a bit bland.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Isn't that almost the same font the Dolphins use for their wordmark?

Yes, because the old Strikers font was the same as the old Dolphins font, both teams were owned by Joe Robbie in the 1970s/80s.

The Dolphins modernized theirs in 1997, and now the the new Strikers have gone with a modernized version of their old script. Joe's son, Tim Robbie, was at the announcement today and gave the new club his blessing.

I'm on the fence with this...its a bit busy. I like it but I don't love it. At least the Strikers are back!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived