Cubs Concepts

SouthpawJosh

Okay, I decided to start a new thread after being inspired by this one.

Home Uniform: Same front side of the jersey as the current. The name and number on the back was inspired by a "throwback" jersey available on MLB10: The Show. I changed the blue, because in the game it looks very navy and I didn't want to go that route. Looking at Dressed to the Nines, the original jersey has to be between 1957 and 1961. I really like the blue name and number outlined in silver.

home.gif

Away Uniform: I decided to use a powder blue instead of the dingy road gray. I took my favorite CHICAGO script from the 1990 jersey, and kept the blue consistent from the one used in the home uniform. I wasn't sure if I should go with a powder blue hat with a blue "C", but that seemed too Royals for my taste.

road.gif

Alternate Uniform: I really liked this one from 1994-1996, so I just made the blue match the set. Another line of thought here, was to use the home logo on the front as well.

alternate.gif

I welcome all comments and thoughts.

I am not a Cubs fan, but personally, I like the Grey, I see powder blue, or really any lighter shade of blue, the Blue Jays pop into my head. I like Chicago script on the second.

Strangely enough, it was the Cubs who came up with the whole powder blue thing. As for the jerseys I like them especially the Chicago script one. The Cubs script however just seems weird for me.

I am not a Cubs fan, but personally, I like the Grey, I see powder blue, or really any lighter shade of blue, the Blue Jays pop into my head. I like Chicago script on the second.

Strangely enough, it was the Cubs who came up with the whole powder blue thing. As for the jerseys I like them especially the Chicago script one. The Cubs script however just seems weird for me.

I would have never known that...Always thought it would be Blue Jays...

I like what you have going, but there's a few things you could improve upon.

First, stick to one alternate logo. Right now you have four different sleeve logos. Pick either the 80s, 90s, or current cub and put in on every sleeve.

Second, I would make the numbers on the road red, to give it more red and because I think it looks better happy.gif.

Lastly, I would carry the sleeve stripes from the alt to the road. I would go blue on the inside, red on the outside.

Archived