Toronto Blue Jays Concept

vazquez

Seems like the Blue Jays are raiding the concept board... good work. I personally am not a fan of the eye on this Blue Jay, I see what you're going for, but I think something with the round eye would make it work much better. The rest of the shapes are really really nice, especially the beak.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like the Blue Jays are raiding the concept board... good work. I personally am not a fan of the eye on this Blue Jay, I see what you're going for, but I think something with the round eye would make it work much better. The rest of the shapes are really really nice, especially the beak.

Almost forgot about this, Definately going to finish this and put it to rest.

Seems like the Blue Jays are raiding the concept board... good work.

That will happen when you have the worst uniforms in baseball. :D This is why the OKC Thunder get so much attention.

I agree with all, this is a good concept and could be used. It's a little too "streamlined" as someone else said, but it's an improvement on the Black Jays look they now have.

Anything resembling the original Blue Jays uniforms will be a huge upgrade. I don't see any reason NOT to return to the look where they had success...because they have not had any success since changing from it.

Love the white-paneled hats and the gray ones are a great idea. Love those.

87Redskins.png

My favorite thing about this concept is the recent wordmark. Very good update to the old font. The only thing I would work on is the eye. It doesn't look deformed to me(the logo that is). It's perfect. I really am trying to help with the eye. The only thing I can think of is giving it more 'personality'. In other words, the 'angry bird' concept is fine. The eye doesn't really match. If you look at the NFL's Arizona Cardinals primary, the eye looks like it's glaring forward and it works. Maybe try that. Overall this is a great update to the original set. Nice nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

It's almost there. I noticed, though, about three spots you could streamline to make the logo a bit cleaner... IMO, at least. ;)

jaystweak.png

1) The lines at the back of the beak are mis-aligned. Even moreso (something I just now noticed), the sharp angle at the top of the beak (right above my highest circle) is really harsh compared to the flowing lines of the rest of the logo. I'd look at that as my first adjustment

2) The lines of the blue and white part of the jay's face are inconsistent. I would probably look at the nodes on the blue section (assuming you drew this in vector format) and pull it down to give a consistent line width.

3) The white section of his face may scoop too far down. IMO, it gives the blue jay a worn down, tired, eye-bag look (not really conducive to a sports logo). I would consider bringing that a tad higher. It will also help with the inconsistency I mentioned in point #2.

Other than those, dude, it looks really nice. I like this a lot. A few more tweaks will really push this over the edge.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It's almost there. I noticed, though, about three spots you could streamline to make the logo a bit cleaner... IMO, at least. ;)

jaystweak.png

1) The lines at the back of the beak are mis-aligned. Even moreso (something I just now noticed), the sharp angle at the top of the beak (right above my highest circle) is really harsh compared to the flowing lines of the rest of the logo. I'd look at that as my first adjustment

2) The lines of the blue and white part of the jay's face are inconsistent. I would probably look at the nodes on the blue section (assuming you drew this in vector format) and pull it down to give a consistent line width.

3) The white section of his face may scoop too far down. IMO, it gives the blue jay a worn down, tired, eye-bag look (not really conducive to a sports logo). I would consider bringing that a tad higher. It will also help with the inconsistency I mentioned in point #2.

Other than those, dude, it looks really nice. I like this a lot. A few more tweaks will really push this over the edge.

now this is the kind of help im looking for thank you, and I will certainly fix those..

Archived