Toronto Blue Jays Concept

vazquez

Very good update. I still would change a couple of small things however. The beak should just be a little less "mechanized". A little shorter, pointed less upward and it looks great. Good work fixing up the rest of those issues though. This is a great concept.

Yeah, I was just looking through Blue Jays in real life, they have very long Beaks, I tried to make it less rooster, but I still feel I am far from a finished product, I have done the Pen so much with this concept, I know it like the back of my hand now, :D I appreciate the comment, and thanks!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom part of the blue jay doesn't seem to be working (where the beak flows into the throat). It seems like you've streamlined it to create more "motion" in the logo, but in the process it looks less like an actual blue jay. Also, the seams on the baseball need to be bigger. Right now, with the seams being so small in relation to the size of the ball, it looks more like a softball.

I'm not really feeling this. The bird looks unbalanced and skewed when it should be straight, and the eye could be better.

Yeah I understand, I am trying to shorten the beak, to avoid confusion with other birds, still a work in progress, but after hours of blue jay images, I think I will put a cease on this boy for awhile. Try something a tad different.

After reading most of the comments, I went about updating this today, giving a new wordmark, and to change some slight features, most of which are fairly obvious,

Stroke Width

Spacing

The Maple Leaf

Baseball Rounding.

Hopefully this is an improvement to my first and a better revision.

toronto_update_1_by_vazquezgraphics-d3b35hv.png

This is a fantastic update.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

After reading most of the comments, I went about updating this today, giving a new wordmark, and to change some slight features, most of which are fairly obvious,

Stroke Width

Spacing

The Maple Leaf

Baseball Rounding.

Hopefully this is an improvement to my first and a better revision.

toronto_update_1_by_vazquezgraphics-d3b35hv.png

This is a fantastic update.

Thank you very much!

I'm loving the most recent update. HUGE step in the right direction. The only thing I could see is maybe pushing the backside of the head a bit to the right so that it almost meets the stem of the leaf. However I'd have to see it to know if that really works. Overall, great work!

I am working on this but roughly, this is what I believe it may end up looking like, thoughts? I like the new beak, but now that stupid EYE is really tough to figure out.

update_2_by_vazquezgraphics-d3b5ktt.jpg

This logo is by far the best. I would definitely buy a hat with this logo on it.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

3d65fa34bc4040708386fc393c4ebf7d-d3bh4n6.png

After some final time, I created uniforms using the new wordmark font, and keeping a modern update on most of the original logo, I kept the 3rd beak because It was to me more blue jay ish, then also, rebrought back the original head shape, the eye I still will always be undecided, but anyways, thoughts?

The logo is good, still not as good as the second in my opinion, but the jerseys are not doing it for me. Bad fonts (name and number), royal, dark, baby blue, there should be a baby blue road uniform... but keep tweaking and you can get a great concept here.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• 5 weeks later...

Archived