Designing a High School Logo

justinw21987

This started out as a "just because" logo, but now I'm seriously thinking about presenting it to them.

Never created an athletic logo before, so I just wanted to get some of your thoughts.

SHS.png

The logotype is definitely going to be something that I tweak, because it's just too "eagleish"... just not sure what I want to do with it yet.

I wouldn't if I were as good as you. If I had your talent as a designer, then I'd create a few more, a pdf portfolio, and a website and start marketing yourself to lower level minor league teams and actually make money at designing logos. I just think you're wasting time on a high school for at best a t-shirt.

I wouldn't if I were as good as you. If I had your talent as a designer, then I'd create a few more, a pdf portfolio, and a website and start marketing yourself to lower level minor league teams and actually make money at designing logos. I just think you're wasting time on a high school for at best a t-shirt.

It looks great for your first athletic logo. Even the font is nice. As others have said, just make the beak more like a falcon.

Oddball, why not present it to a high school? In some ways the logo is more likely to stand the test of time at a high school than at low level minor leagues. Most of those teams become defunct in no time and the logos are gone. It's already happened to me twice for two logos I've done for minor league teams that are now defunct after two seasons. High schools and colleges are better IMO since people are more loyal to their schools than "here today gone tomorrow" minor leaguers.

Plus schools have more money to offer than poor minor league teams.

Awesome concept. I hope someone buys this identity.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived