Atlanta Hawks concept

Brave-Bird 08

Here's a little desktop doodle I made for beloved Hawks today. Thinking maybe I might try to clean it up and turn it into a Hawks brand/uniform concept.

The idea is basically the old Hawk logo (1990s-2000s) but with a completely different profile, shading, a few modern touches.

What do you think?

LOGO-1.png

That's actually not too daggone shabby, man. It's got a certain English Premier League essence to it--in a Kennesaw State Owls (concept logo) sorta way. :P

I like it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like it. I think you should reduce the curve of his back and make him longer and go over the bar thing. I like that he's clutching the ball.

I know this is random and you probably don't care, but I just realized for the first time that Atlanta has the Falcons, and the Hawks. I saw Atlanta, and that you posted so I assumed it was falcons, so when I opened this, I was really confused. lol

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I like the colors. I hate how they changed to red and blue when their old scheme was just fine

oh, you have no idea. I almost cried it was such an atrocity. Why take a unique, fun, and popping color scheme and replace it with generic uniforms and the same colors every other pro sports team uses.

just thinking about that, to this day, makes me sad

It looks pretty good. The eye and beak are very well-done. I think the neck is a little long though and it would look better if the head was down a little furthur near the body IMO, because the large head/neck make the wings look small. The tree branch seems a little too realistic for an NBA logo, but at the same time I dont know what else it could be perched on. Other than those things, it is looking good and I like the style it'd done in.

Archived