Another Blue Jays Concept :)

kevinmets

The original version of this is my favorite Blue Jays logo, and adding the leaf is a nice touch. However, I think something needs to be done to the leaf. The blue jay has a slight sense of depth, while the leaf is flat. Also, I'd eliminate one of the blues, having two blues and black are too many similar colors. Personally, I'd keep the lighter blue to create more contrast with the black

A little too many equally-dominant colors for my taste. Red, black, gray, light blue, white, and royal (?) blue all seem equally dominant. I'm ok with a primary logo having a lot of colors (even colors that aren't used, like the Minnesota Timberwolves), but I think the primary team colors should be emphasized more. Right now, I can't determine what their primary colors are just by looking at the logo, which I don't think is a good thing.

Sidenote: I know there are great logos that are exceptions to what I'm saying (like the Yankees and Chicago BlackHawks), but I make exceptions for older/classic logos. Any logo developed today should clearly illustrate the team's main colors IMO.

From a completely non-sports-logo perspective though, I think the logo looks awesome.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I always thought that that was a great update, it's a shame that it got hidden in a giant maple leaf.

TwoJays.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I really like the first version better. Mainly because of the grey highlights. However I agree with LetsGoOakland about the depth of the bird vs. the leaf so I understand the need to take out the grey.

Are you going to do unis too?

The light blue and black blue jay reminds me too much of Johns Hopkins' logo

HopkinsLogo2.jpg

Of course. I'm so tired of everytime someone posts a concept of their own that someone comes and says.. hmm well thats a blue jay.. same colors as JH's... yeah we know, there's no use having someone bring that up every time there is a concept coming out. There are thousands of logos so basically everyone is bound to have similarities to other ones...

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I didn't take out the grey to get rid of depth, I took it out because there were 6 colors in the original.

I can't decide which logo I like better... I think the first looks better as a design, but the second looks more like a sports logo.

And I don't think I'm gonna do uniforms for this right now, but I do plan to use this logo again in the near future for something...

I really like it a lot , captures both a new take on the Jays while going back to some of the old. The only thing I might like to see is some essence of a baseball under the Jay. More like the original logo where the ball connects with the leaf as that has always been one of my favorite elements of the original logo. But the Jay here is spot on I think. Awesome Job

I really like it a lot , captures both a new take on the Jays while going back to some of the old. The only thing I might like to see is some essence of a baseball under the Jay. More like the original logo where the ball connects with the leaf as that has always been one of my favorite elements of the original logo. But the Jay here is spot on I think. Awesome Job

I agree. You could even use the ball that they originally had behind that logo to start with, just change it to red.

sx4rcd9ep8ecty3mrs5x6qag9.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived