Fregus' random hockey concepts

Fregus

Your yellow colour is off (it should be more athletic gold than straight yellow), and the black on the away should be gold.

Well, I trust colorwerx more than you when it comes to colour. And I did never say that this would be a complete copy of their old jerseys, I simply prefer using more black on the away jersey.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seeing as though I just updated my NHL thread including a rant about how serious members’ work gets bumped down by stupid trolls and I know how rare and valuable good C&C is these days, I feel obligated to give my thoughts on what you’ve done.

I’m not much into knowing international hockey, so I’ll just go through and tell you what I think of your NHL concepts.

Kings: Love it. Absolutely beautiful. That Kings logo has always been my favorite and I’m a huge fan of the purple/yellow (or gold) color scheme in sports. You don’t see it that often.

Jets: When the Jets’ logos came out I really thought that they went too simple with them. They just look like they’re missing something and I just feel as though you’ve simplified it a little more. That being said, I do like how you kept the nose of the jet from jutting into the middle of the roundel like the current Jets logo. I think it’s still missing something though, maybe a “Winnipeg Jets” wrapped in the roundel or something. The uniforms are pretty nice, better than what the Jets rolled out with.

Panthers: Very similar to what they started wearing when they came into the league, but I like them nevertheless.

Devils: Simple and effective. I really like that black jersey as well.

Maple Leafs: You know what they say about tradition, you’re not supposed to mess with it. What I say about tradition: in the world of sports, sometimes a little bit of change is good. I like the shoulder yolks and the nod to the old St. Pats with the alternate is nice too. Side note: the numbers seem a little elongated.

Stars: Any concept is an improvement over what they have now, especially the home uniforms. I really like these. The only gripe I have is that on the home uniforms, the star on the front should be white so that it matches the striping pattern and numbers on the back, just like on the alternate.

Flames: I’m liking the third set. I never did like how the ‘C’ on the home jerseys was black. I always thought that it was ironic because I’ve never seen black fire before – it doesn’t make much sense to me. So the third set by far is the best.

Jets (2): This is by far way better than your first Jets concepts. I love how you actually made the powder blue work with the set. I’ve always loved those horizontal stripes across the chest like Montreal has. Great work here.

Penguins: I like the switch back to yellow and the jersey design is so much better than what they wear now. The alternate may be a little much with the yellow though. Maybe if you colored the triangle behind the Penguin white, or just eliminated it, it would look a little better. I’d also like to see how it would look with some white cuffs or a white shoulder yolk.

Avalanche: Not much different than the old ones, not a whole lotta change. I like ‘em though. I don’t much care for what they’re sporting now.

Winter Classic: I love the barber pole design on the Wild jerseys and the vintage white looks really nice against the old colors of the North Stars.

Good, clean work all around. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.

For the Avs, I think that their current unique number font would work better. Other than that, no complaints.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 months later...

Your juniors gave us a butt-kicking the other night Fregus. They look good.

I like the Tre Kronor like this, without the contrasting shoulders.

This set looks really sharp.

What's different from these and the uniforms that they're wearing now?...The pants?

Excellent work as always.

Archived