Texas Rangers Retro-Esq Concept

Jared222

I had some success with my Blue Jays and Mariners Retro-esq revamps and I had a few other teams on my mind but one that got stuck in my mind and I had to give it a shot was the Texas Rangers. Now there current set is not terrible by any means , I even like it somewhat. But I always liked the Rangers script across the state and baseball and I thought I could give that a face lift with some new elements from there newer logos and make a solid new concept.

So none of this is really brand new design work on my part , more of a tearing apart and rebuilding of the Texas Rangers. So please no comments about how I didnt "design" anything and that nothing is "original" as I fully admit I am just piecing different elements together from already existing logos.

Ok now that I got that disclaimer out of the way ... I present the Retro-Esq Texas Rangers. As always I may do a secondary , word mark and jerseys in time.

*** Updated version 2 ***

rangersnew2copy.jpg

*** Original Version ***

rangersnew2acopy.jpg

Ok first off I would put the star after the S in Texas that way it would be about the position of Arlington. Second...maybe shrink the size of the baseball. Third, I think the red band that the word Texas is in is not needed at all. Just have Texas in red with a white stroke.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'm not criticizing the rebuilding at all

What I don't likeabou this is that it seems like a logo Frankenstein. I'm not getting a feel of one cohesive logo as much as a bunch ofpieces piled on each other.

I like the idea, births execution is really lackluster

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I like the ida of moving the star to the approximate location of Arlington, though I'm not sure how it might interfere with the "Rangers" wordmark. I'd suggest re-working the state outline, maybe smooth it out a little bit. I think this would help the logo seem a bit more up to date and cohesive.

Again thanks for all the comments and ideas.

Made a first round of tweaks to the logo. Moved the star to a more Arlington based location and fixed some other things based on the comments. Tried to simplify and clean things up so it was not so busy. C & C welcome as always.

rangersnew2copy.jpg

Again thanks for all the comments and ideas.

Made a first round of tweaks to the logo. Moved the star to a more Arlington based location and fixed some other things based on the comments. Tried to simplify and clean things up so it was not so busy. C & C welcome as always.

%7Boption%7D

straiten out the part near the part where the star used to be. there's a slight unevenness on the red out line near west texas and where the streaking star use to be.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Just a clean up issue. The red Texas arch is just slightly lower then the red outline. Maybe you wanted to do that but it caught my eye. Looks really good overall though.

I see it now , didnt catch it before . Thanks

Archived