PEFL (Planet Earth Football League)

BostonBlazer

I got the idea of starting a fictional football league. I don't know if I'll do all (or any of) the teams for it, even though it'll start out with only 10 of them. So, the least I can do is come up with the league's logo.

PEFL1.png

I decided on the name, "Planet Earth Football League" because...well...Earth is the planet they play on. The aqua and green are colors that represent Earth (aqua being water and green being land).

The league could go international. However, I would imagine the costs for travel and such would be a nightmare if there were teams all over Earth and with little money to start out with. The idea of this league began as a northeastern league that over time would expand further out into other territories. I didn't want it to have a northeastern name for this league just because it starts out only in the northeast. That's why I chose "Planet Earth Football League" as the league name.

I have names for most of the 10 starting teams, and logo ideas for most of the teams that already have names. The locations for these 10 teams are currently:

Portland, ME

Manchester, NH

Braintree, MA

Providence, RI

Springfield, MA

Hartford, CT

Montreal, PQ

Albany, NY

New York, NY

Newark, NJ

And all 10 locations are on Planet Earth.

I can imagine brown working better than the black on the league logo. I'll see what I can come up with. ;)

No offense, but it seems more like Planet Northeast instead of being the Planet Earth Football League, which strikes me as a more international league.

Also, while I like the logo, maybe you could have the region you're starting off in be featured on the football.

Okay, ladies and gentlemen. I apologize for the wait. But here's what I came up with.

I didn't get rid of ALL the black, but I did add brown to the logo. Part of me is thinking it's an upgrade from the previous variation, and part of me is thinking "Nah. It's not really going in the right direction here." So I'm having mixed thoughts as to how this came out.

PEFL2.png

A couple of other things, I know you might prefer this to be a more international league, but imagine if this league was real. Who would pay for all the travel costs when the league starts? Sometimes, you have to start off small. Also, how ever you look at it, international league, small regional league, it's still a league on the same satellite around the sun. ;)

If you are asking people to be realistic about travel costs, why wouldn't you be realistic about the name of the league. No league that had all of its teams in the Northeast would call itself the Planet Earth Football League. It would have a name that attracted fans from the northeast:

Yankee Football League

Noreaster Football League

Colonial Football League

New England Football League

If you demand realism on one front, you should expect others to demand it on another.

If you are asking people to be realistic about travel costs, why wouldn't you be realistic about the name of the league. No league that had all of its teams in the Northeast would call itself the Planet Earth Football League. It would have a name that attracted fans from the northeast:

Yankee Football League

Colonial Football League

If you demand realism on one front, you should expect others to demand it on another.

Does anybody ever read the info before or just skip to the concept each time

The league could go international. However, I would imagine the costs for travel and such would be a nightmare if there were teams all over Earth and with little money to start out with. The idea of this league began as a northeastern league that over time would expand further out into other territories.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Yankee Football League

Colonial Football League

Does anybody ever read the info before or just skip to the concept each time

The league could go international. However, I would imagine the costs for travel and such would be a nightmare if there were teams all over Earth and with little money to start out with. The idea of this league began as a northeastern league that over time would expand further out into other territories.

What he's saying is that he doesn't want the league to start out international. He never said that he couldn't rename it.

Also, BostonBlazer, I get what your point is, and it makes sense. It's your league, you can do whatever you want with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived