ABA goes 21

Ez Street

Can you say Oklahoma City Ballhawgs? Seriously, that is the team name.

OKC Yard Dawgs and Ball Hawgs.......someone shoot me now!!!

1. Pittsburgh, PA

2. Portland, OR

3. Little Rock, AR

4. Louisville, KY

5. Nashville, TN

6. Gwinnett, GA

7. Vancouver, BC

8. Reno, NV

9. Detroit, MI

10. Utah

11. Mahwah, NJ

12. Charlotte, NC

13. Boston, MA

14. Jacksonville, FL

15. Cincinnati, OH

16. Hershey, PA

17. Pensacola, FL

18. Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico

19. Fort Worth, TX

20. Harlem, NY

21. Oklahoma City, OK

Hermosillo Seris LOGO:

seris.jpg

Good grief. Fortunately OKC is a terrible minor league b-ball city so the team won't be around long. Even when the Cavalry (CBA) were good they drew less than 2500 fans per game. I hope they're not planning to play at Ford Center. I can only imagine how sparse a crowd of that size will look in a 20,000 seat arena. Hopefully they're going to play at Abe Lemons Arena. Since it's owned by my law school alma mater - OCU, maybe the university will stop pestering me for alumni donations since their coffers will be lined by that fabulous ABA rent money.

OKC is a hockey town.

okc isn't a hockey town......they are a lets go to the ice arena, get drunk and yell worthless crap at the top our lungs for no reason....TOWN. no seriously OKC is a redhawks and college football town.

spacer.png

okc isn't a hockey town......they are a lets go to the ice arena, get drunk and yell worthless crap at the top our lungs for no reason....TOWN. no seriously OKC is a redhawks and college football town.

Then it's changed substantially since 1993. I had Blazer season tickets and was astounded first of all that 13,000 people would turn out for AA hockey on a Saturday night and second of all that they actually knew what the hell was going on. If it's degenerated over eleven years, then that's pretty sad.

And Mockba, stop calling me Shirley.

Then it's changed substantially since 1993. I had Blazer season tickets and was astounded first of all that 13,000 people would turn out for AA hockey on a Saturday night and second of all that they actually knew what the hell was going on. If it's degenerated over eleven years, then that's pretty sad.

And Mockba, stop calling me Shirley.

its gone down yhollander I stopped going to games because I could'nt stand the "fans" anymore

spacer.png

'Tis a shame. Hockey nights used to be a blast in OKC - Pregame dinner at Cocina de Mino right up the road from the Myriad and post game beverages at the T-Bar on Western. Good times.

Then again, BASEketball would be considered a professional sport.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Nice. Now, every logo in the ABA has B, B and S written all over them. :puke:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

THis league is run by Xlr8r this confirms it

I agree... but in order for xlr8r to truly be behind it, you'd have to get into his mindset... thus, about half of the current NBA teams would have to join, with several teams changing their names and cities for no reason at all...OH and a merger with the CBA (is it still around? Isn't it called something else now..or did it merge with another league?) would be part of it too....and don't forget placing upwards of three teams to a city in this monstrocity.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Archived