Marquette Football

MilTownMVP

I was going to post this in response to something at the logo board, but I realized it kind of went off topic, so I'm posting it here.

If Marquette was smart (and I realize this is a big IF), they'd take some of that $33M donation they just got and start a football program now that they're in the Big East.

You can't tell me that Milwaukee, the city that sold out Packer game at County Stadium how many times in spite of it being the WORST facility possible for football wouldn't fall all over itself to see some major college football.

It'd also mean somewhere for all those city conference players to play college ball since UW seems hell-bent on maintaining their big-dumb-farmboy image it has for its football team. Right now, most of them end up at Minnesota or NIU because there's nowhere else in-state for them to go.

But what really has me is that I go by the MU bookstore everyday and I see sweatshirts that say "Marquette Football" and "Marquette Tradition" above a football all the time. Seems like overkill tryin' to promote a sport that hard that they only offer at the club level, huh? It seems like they want people to know they HAD football once upon a time, but want to keep us guessin' at whether or not they'll bring it back.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

My dad graduated from Marquette a long time ago. He really thinks Marquette football will never return. It would probably take 10 yrs to see any kind of progress.

Marquette is a weird school. I got accepted to the school and being a hockey player, I asked if they would consider bringing Club Hockey back. I get email back saying "No More Hockey, Never Will Happen Again!". that's coming from someone at school. Very Classy.

I wouldn't blame them for not having football just because they're going to be in the Big East. The Big East is an awful football conference, now. West Virginia and Pittsburgh are the only teams worth ANYTHING and with the absence of the Big East's power teams, those schools don't look all too appealing to players. The conference is run by idiots, as well. They let Notre Dame bring in their basketball team... but don't make them bring the most prestigious football team ever with them.

Some great basketball will be played in the Big East... but the football aspect is gonna be awful. Marquette football may draw attention for a season or two, but beyond that... it'd be a horrible investment.

And how exactly does Marquette get into the "Big East"?

IUe6Hvh.png

Being in the Big East would definitly bring in a lot of revenue. They would be stupid not too, but I don't know how intelligent the people there are.

Being a UW-Milwaukee grad (c/o 2001, 2003), I could answer that right here and now, but I'm not gonna :P

QPR%20Sig.png

The problem is it apparently takes a while to not only build a football program, but get it Div. 1-A in a major conference right away. Can't remember where I heard this, but if I'm not mistaken, it's taken UConn football a while to get into the Big East, even though they've been Big East for everything else for a good while now.

. I get email back saying "No More Hockey, Never Will Happen Again!". that's coming from someone at school. Very Classy.

I hear they are changing their name to the Port Chester, and changing their name to the Whooping Cranes.

I hear they are changing their name to the Port Chester, and changing their name to the Whooping Cranes.

We're not gonna protest! We're not gonna protest!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The problem is it apparently takes a while to not only build a football program, but get it Div. 1-A in a major conference right away. Can't remember where I heard this, but if I'm not mistaken, it's taken UConn football a while to get into the Big East, even though they've been Big East for everything else for a good while now.

Marquette has been at the club football level for almost 40 years. I don't know what they're waiting on.

You're right that UConn did have to wait to get into the Big East for football, but once they lost Miami, VT and BC, they were practically begging UConn to join. If I'm not mistaken, UConn wansn't even supposed to start playing football in the Big East until next year.

That's why I think MU should take advantage while the Big East is desperate for football teams. Especially when a city the size of Milwaukee is more than able to to support a college football team.

Though honestly, I'd rather see UWM go 1-A, but the powers that be in Madison would never allow that to happen.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Being in the Big East would definitly bring in a lot of revenue.  They would be stupid not too, but I don't know how intelligent the people there are.

Being a UW-Milwaukee grad (c/o 2001, 2003), I could answer that right here and now, but I'm not gonna :P

Being someone who grew up a couple blocks from the school, I'll tell you exactly how they are...

...they're a bunch of spoiled scary punks from suburban Chicago who don't know how to drive and have the campus police drive by every 2 minutes because they don't think they should have to learn how to conduct themselves in the middle of the big bad city.

But as long as they spend mommy's and daddy's money here, I don't give a s*** :D

snappers_sig.gif

Archived