Basic baseball concept

Kevin W.

No, I've already got two federal blue jerseys. This makes it consistent: two whites, two sands, two blues. Besides, I'm keeping all of the undershirts federal blue.

I didn't get any emails from you.

I sent it to thekevinshow1990@hotmail.com from the eMail address Jahgee1124@hotmail.com

Thanks, but I don't need them. I'm using the SVGs now.

You know what, I'm not liking the ocean boat blue vest anymore, so I decided to go in a different direction.

a0b68a65.png

I like the jersey and pants combination. Why an ocean blue hat though?

I wanted to include the ocean boat blue without it being too overpowering, and making it the road cap seemed like the best choice.

Alright, now that I've got my logos, I need to figure out how to put them on the uniforms correctly so they don't look like crap.

Kevin, you chose a fantastic color scheme, but I have to tell you that you're not utilizing it properly, some of your uniform combinations just look plain awful. That's not to say you couldn't improve them, you can. You keep talking about "consistency" but there is almost nothing consistent about the uniform set at all. All three road uniform options look like a cluster :censored: of colors, try matching some of the uniform elements (i.e. that hat and jersey). Maybe try loosing the powder blue hat, it seems to be causing a lot of problems. You could even drop the lighter blue color completely, I think it clashes with the sand the way you are using it.

And going back to the whole consistency thing, there are several more inconsistent elements to the uniform set as a whole.

- On all the colored uniforms there is white piping, there is no piping of the white jerseys

- All the hats have a sand colored brim, and the helmets don't, why?

- Are all the belts going to stay grey?

- Why are some of the uniforms vests and some are not? Seems out of place to me

- Why use white as a piping and number/name color on the colored jerseys when there is no other white anywhere on the uniform?

- This isn't exactly about consistency but the number font in awful.

This isn't a lost cause, you could make this look great, but right now it looks like a big mess. Look at what makes a good baseball uniform good and try to do some of those things.

And one last thing, take your time. Don't use paint/inkscape as an excuse, there are some amazing concepts that have come out of those programs that looked pretty good. Take your time, be careful, and think your decisions through.

- On all the colored uniforms there is white piping, there is no piping of the white jerseys

The piping is white because I can't figure out how to recolor the piping. I'm still learning Inkscape. Once I figure that out, I'm going to go with federal blue piping on the white jerseys. The piping on the blue jerseys will stay white. I'm not sure what color the sand jerseys will have.

- All the hats have a sand colored brim, and the helmets don't, why?

I wasn't sure if I wanted to put sand-colored brims on the helmets. I'm still vacillating between the options on that one.

- Are all the belts going to stay grey?

Yes, the belts will still be gray.

- Why are some of the uniforms vests and some are not? Seems out of place to me

I wanted vests as alternates.

- Why use white as a piping and number/name color on the colored jerseys when there is no other white anywhere on the uniform?

See answer #1.

- This isn't exactly about consistency but the number font in awful.

I'm working on that. For some reason when I change fonts they don't display correctly. I'm thinking of using Friz Quadrata. I've always liked that font.

I suppose I can make the ocean boat blue an accent color instead of the main shade. Having one cap/helmet is fine.

Here are the logos, by the way:

Cap/blue jersey - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Baseball/42a925e9.png

White jersey and vest - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Baseball/ab0cd4b2.png

Sand jersey - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Baseball/9e3abb89.png

Sand vest - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Baseball/ffedf9a3.png

The road cap would have had this on it.

What did I miss? I added colored piping to the home jerseys and there's no more white on the road jerseys. The helmets and caps all match now, and I'm still working on the font. Just saying that I "missed the point" without any explanation doesn't help me.

Well first off, why are the belts going to stay grey? Last time I checked the belt is a uniform element. Also, now that you have logos why aren't you using them? And with you saying that the dark blue alts will stay the same, that means that the road version will be the only one that has any powder blue at all. It's your concept man, you can do whatever you want. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm really not, there just seems to be very little effort put into this concept.

It's a concept, for Christ's sake! It's not done yet! Of course it hasn't had a lot of effort put into it, I'm not finished! I've still got work to do.

I'll add the logos once I know how to get them to look right, and I'll make the belts federal blue. As for the ocean boat blue, you're incorrect. The sand jersey is actually the only jersey that won't have ocean boat blue on it. The logo for the white jersey and vest includes it, as does the logo for the sand vest, and both of the blue jerseys have it.

As it stands right now, any logo I put on the SVG just looks like I pasted a PNG in there, which is exactly what I've done. There has to be a better way to do it.

Archived