Basic baseball concept

Kevin W.

This is a similar idea to my hockey concept that I posted a while back, in that it's for a prospective fantasy team. In this case, it's for fantasy college baseball. Since (if and when the league starts) it's likely to be converted over to a better template by someone else, please ignore the fact that it's on such a basic template and critique the uniforms themselves.

The university is the University of California, Oceanside Admirals. The colors are ocean boat blue, federal blue and sand. To answer your questions before you ask, yes I did deliberately take some cues from the Padres. It seemed logical after Jahgee gave me such a solid color scheme.

bed266ee.png

As you can see, there are two alternates for home and road each.

Critique away!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The concept isn't bad, it's supposed to be basic, but the template hurts my eyes.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's not about the template. You can clearly see the design details even on the limited template I used. I want critiques of the design itself.

It's really hard to see small details with this template, don't use paint as an excuse because far better paint templates exist, also inkscape. And make an effort to finish your concepts at least a little more before posting, the least you could do would be to add numbers, nameplate, and some type of cap logo.

It's really hard to see small details with this template, don't use paint as an excuse because far better paint templates exist, also inkscape. And make an effort to finish your concepts at least a little more before posting, the least you could do would be to add numbers, nameplate, and some type of cap logo.

The logos are being worked on and I called it a "basic concept" for a reason. This is just to establish a baseline. I want an opinion of the overall design. The little details can be added later, but I want to know if I'm moving in the right direction first.

Ok, screw it, I'm not going to learn Inkscape unless I try. Here's my first effort at learning by doing:

9e6b57bc.png39306312.png

I don't know how to do stripes, so the sleeve/collar stripes, the pinstripes on the home uniforms and the sock stripes will have to wait.

I'm finding that the lighter blue kinda looks like crap with the sand colour. The dark blue works with the sand and the light blue well separately, but I think you're going to have to go with one or the other.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived