Personal Logo - Ray

Rayman

I believe it is RF, I like it a lot if so. It is discrete yet noticeable, artistic yet recognizable. My only comment would be maybe to try some different colors it is kind of a weak combination and that is not how you want people to perceive you. Overall it's great, I like it.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I believe it is RF, I like it a lot if so. It is discrete yet noticeable, artistic yet recognizable. My only comment would be maybe to try some different colors it is kind of a weak combination and that is not how you want people to perceive you. Overall it's great, I like it.

thanks man! i just randomly picked to shades of blue (since thats my fav color) but im open for options.. i had the "R" part a darker shade so you would be drawn to it first than the "F"

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry man I'm not sold.

What do you need to the logo for exactly? If you can answer that question you might be able to come up with a stronger idea. Right now what you've got is a fairly crude monogram created using what is clearly a hand made font which lacks a great deal in the subtlties required to make a font successful.

A strong logo should have a reason behind it, it should tell a story or have a reveal to it. Or if you're going to go down the monogram route you should being doing large amounts of research into monograms and what makes them successful. Like any other area of design it has conventions and rules, which should be understood before being broken if you decide to.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I agree that the first version was much better than your last; simplicity is key. But even so, I don't think you're going in the right direction with this. It's just too...awkward I guess. It's too bad that the best RF logo (perhaps the very best monogram logo IMO) belongs to Roger Federer.

Roger+Federer+Logo.jpg

However, you still could draw inspiration from that and come up with something less abstract.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Sorry man I'm not sold.

What do you need to the logo for exactly? If you can answer that question you might be able to come up with a stronger idea. Right now what you've got is a fairly crude monogram created using what is clearly a hand made font which lacks a great deal in the subtlties required to make a font successful.

A strong logo should have a reason behind it, it should tell a story or have a reveal to it. Or if you're going to go down the monogram route you should being doing large amounts of research into monograms and what makes them successful. Like any other area of design it has conventions and rules, which should be understood before being broken if you decide to.

9erssteve

This isnt exactly a monogram... i didnt throw two letters ontop of eachother and say "wala!" i wanted to have a freestyle and creative feel for the logo which the R truely shows IMO.. the reason for me creating this logo was for all my future projects in school and for my future career

the second logo i put up was to see how it would look with borders because to me it was missing something.. but i realized it was the highlights that it needed so it wouldnt be just a 2D design

fuentes10.png

Sorry man I'm not sold.

9erssteve

This isnt exactly a monogram... i didnt throw two letters ontop of eachother and say "wala!" i wanted to have a freestyle and creative feel for the logo which the R truely shows IMO.. the reason for me creating this logo was for all my future projects in school and for my future career

the second logo i put up was to see how it would look with borders because to me it was missing something.. but i realized it was the highlights that it needed so it wouldnt be just a 2D design

fuentes10.png

No you're right it's not a monogram, it's not really anything. If you think Monograms are created by just throwing two letters on top of one another and going "voila" then you really dont know a whole lot about mongrams.

Freeform creativity is all well and good but right now your letters are two different thickness, the middle bar in the F throws off the flow of the leg of the R and the highlights defy all natural forms of light. All in all resulting in a pretty clumsy attempt to combine two letters to make one.

I'd suggest working with a genuine type face to begin with, even if it's just as a template to work over so you can get a feel for how the letters should flow, even a great many sans serif typefaces use subtle variations of line weight to aid legibility and flow in letters. I'm not 100% convinced that that configuration will ever be truly successful but if it's a combination you have your heart set on, then working with a genuine typeface or at least over the top of one will give you the best chance to make it work.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived