Panthers Nike Redesign

Bravo96

I decided to try my hand at my hometown (sort of) team, the Carolina Panthers, Pro Combat style. I hope they look a little something like this next year.

Home: PanthersRedux1.png

Changes: Black helmet, which looks much better - also, a traditional stripe. A little more blue all around. Blue facemask. Oh, and they'll actually WEAR these. (For those of you who don't know, the Panthers are notorious for wearing their away at home most of the time because it's so hot down here and white feels cooler)

Away: PanthersRedux2.png

Changes: Made the alt. the full time away, because the white is plain and slightly ugly. Same helmet.

Alt.: PanthersRedux3.png

Changes: Basically what the current away uniform should look like.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Couple things:

-As I've consistently said about this type of uniform-- coloring random panels does not make it a pro combat uniform. The jerseys themselves could look good, but the pants are not so hot IMO.

-You forgot to color the front of the pants. There's a panel you have filled in on the sides that would essentially create a 'jockstrap' look in the front if you followed the coloring you've done on the pants. See prior comment about the pants.

-NFL teams wear white on the road. That away jersey would not fly in today's NFL.

I'm not sure how I feel about this-- I just know it needs some love right now.

By no means am I a good designer, but I think my critique matters. First of all, as dougfresh said, NFL teams wear white on the road. They wear white more than a second colored jersey. I can't say I'm a fan of two different silver pants, but I can see why you have them. The "jock strap" does not look good IMO, and the different colored butt doesn't look good. The Arkansas uniform design does not look good in college, and I don't think it would look good in the pros. Also, and this may be your preference, but you did not color the gloves.

On the other hand, I do like the black helmet and more teal. This has some potential to be a good Pro Combat concept, it just needs some attention to detail.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Agreed, I'm not a fan of the paneling on the pants, but the black helmet suits them well.

Also I will nitpick here, but is that supposed to be skin on the legs? Because that color wouldn't work for that certain player. ;)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Ok so I have been a Panthers fan my whole life, and love our current uniforms.

Switching to Nike does not mean we have to shake up our current identity.

I really cannot say the black helmet looks good. If we were to switch up I have a hard time believng they would get away from the black/silver and white/white uniforms that we wear the most. I despise the pit stain coloring and its unnecessary really. That being said the actual design, why color the pants silver along with that awkward paneling another color, I think it would look best all one color. Why get rid of the striping on the current helmet for a single stripe? I understand you are trying to alter the look but this does not look like something feasible. One more thing, are the numbers supposed to look the way they currently do? As they look way too big. Also like everyone said NFL teams wear white on the road, so the blue would need to be the alternate as it currently is.

Ok so I have been a Panthers fan my whole life, and love our current uniforms.

Good to see another Panthers fan on the boards!

Switching to Nike does not mean we have to shake up our current identity.

I haven't shaken up the identity, just tweaked a bit on the uniforms. Major difference. For identity change, see Marlins, Florida Miami

I really cannot say the black helmet looks good. If we were to switch up I have a hard time believng they would get away from the black/silver and white/white uniforms that we wear the most. I despise the pit stain coloring and its unnecessary really. That being said the actual design, why color the pants silver along with that awkward paneling another color, I think it would look best all one color. Why get rid of the striping on the current helmet for a single stripe? I understand you are trying to alter the look but this does not look like something feasible. One more thing, are the numbers supposed to look the way they currently do? As they look way too big. Also like everyone said NFL teams wear white on the road, so the blue would need to be the alternate as it currently is.

Personally, most fans I know would prefer a black helmet. It's more intimidating, sleeker, and just looks better on the field IMO. They're still wearing the white/silver, black/silver in the above, so I'm not sure what you're saying. I've done a v.2 without pit stains, and it certainly looks better, thanks for the advice. The single stripe is more aesthetically pleasing, and less convoluted. The numbers are a bit different by design. Thanks for the C&C, frosty.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

Updates: Thanks for all the suggestions and critiques

Home:

PanthersRedux1redux.png

No pit stains, black legs (you're welcome) and colored gloves.

Away:

PanthersRedux4redux.png

I felt like it needed something besides the monotonous white, so I gave it grey dri-fit sleeves.

Alt.:

PanthersRedux2redux.png

Took away the pit stains. I toyed around with black pants, but ultimately decided this was better.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

Archived