Madison Square Garden Transformation

logofan20

Now if ONLY the lights could be left on DURING the Knicks and Rangers games...enough of the darkness!!!

ya, I agree. Also, theaters should keep the house lights up during movies and plays.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I also just noticed that the Liberty will also be playing their home games in Newark this summer so the lower bowl portion of the renovation will have no interference. And I assume there are no concerts scheduled either.

Hopefully they will provide some decent progress pictures as the summer moves on.

Security and Safety in Garden Lighting

Innerline Plumbing Installs Noritz Tankless Water Heater

So to the average fan who only catches MSG on tv, what'd they do that should make us go "Oooh and Aaaah" or is it just a bunch of stuff that unless you're sitting in a seat, no one will know about?

Basically the only thing someone watching from home would notice is that the seats in the lower bowl are now blue instead of purple. The other changes won't be visible (wider concourse, new locker rooms, new media room, fancier suites, stuff like that).

Going back to my old days as a wrestling fan, I remember the pay-per-views at Madison Square Garden had minimalist entrances behind the ring rather than full stages on the camera's left (though Raws at MSG still did). Is that main entrance still going to be there?

back to the Knicks:

knicks-madison-square-garden.jpg

I love how the lighting puts the emphasis on the court, which is what you're there to see. Yet teams like the Timberwolves put their house lights way up to, what? show off how empty the stands are?

I'm not a wrestling guy, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Sorry. But here's the seating chart for Survivor Series at MSG. Hope it helps.

40073s.gif

Aww, they're doing the traditional stage entrance. One trip to MSG a year, it would be nice if the entrance stage was where the Knicks/Rangers come out.

I'm not a wrestling guy, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

See the big notch in Section 107? That's where the entrance would be. Rather than build a giant stage, it was just some very small elements around that main door. This let them maximize their MSG crowds by having a full circle around the ring rather than a horseshoe. One of the only traditional arenas where you could immediately tell where they were.

Basically the only thing someone watching from home would notice is that the seats in the lower bowl are now blue instead of purple. The other changes won't be visible (wider concourse, new locker rooms, new media room, fancier suites, stuff like that).

The blue seats are amazing - I saw Duran Duran at the Garden on Tuesday and we sat in the new seats.

Archived