Red Sox Away Font

KJTALBOT

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the lettering on the Red Sox away font, BOSTON, does not match the font in the logo?

I was thrilled when they changed from the block lettering BOSTON (see 1986 Bill Buckner) to the current red lettering, but it could be better.

I have a cooperstown collection jersey that actually uses the Navy logo Boston font and it looks sweet.

Would anyone want to make a concept showing the proper font?

It also bugs me that the Tigers away Detroit is completely unrelated to the Old English D. I always thought that spelling out Detroit in the Old English font on the away uniforms would be cool. Any takers?

Everyone loves a roundel.

It also bugs me that the Tigers away Detroit is completely unrelated to the Old English D. I always thought that spelling out Detroit in the Old English font on the away uniforms would be cool. Any takers?

no

It also bugs me that the Tigers away Detroit is completely unrelated to the Old English D.  I always thought that spelling out Detroit in the Old English font on the away uniforms would be cool.  Any takers?

no

u gotta admit that the tigers away unis suck. ive always thought a simple grey version of the home would look great.

no

u gotta admit that the tigers away unis suck. ive always thought a simple grey version of the home would look great.

not really...i don't have to admit it, because that's not my feeling at all.

I alway preferred the older block lettering "Detroit" over the script. Something about it seemed intimidating. When I was a lot younger I envisioned a bat-wielding vigilante wearing a Tigers away jersey. I know the script lettering in more traditionally baseball, but something about the block lettering made the players seem tougher.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Detroit: That road script is almost as traditional as the Old English D. It dates back to the 30's. I myself prefer the 70s-80s era roads, but the current ones aren't horrible.

Boston: I prefer the matching jersey fonts. I definitely prefer the current roads to the old block letters... Those were just bland.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the lettering on the Red Sox away font, BOSTON, does not match the font in the logo?

No as well!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived