London Brocos Rugby League

microdragon

00-default-Broncos-Logo.jpg

There's nothing good I can say about this logo.

The real shame is that there are a number of members here who would put out a concept that would blow this out of the water, just for the fun of it.

Exactly.

Its stuff like this and the NBL of Canada that get on my nerves.

They hire who knows who to create the crappiest, and most unprofessional looking logos for who knows how much money, when I know plenty of amateur graphic designers that would gladly work for an extremely low price... and do a much better job!!!

It'd be a win/win situation if small professional sports leagues would do it that way. The teams would have at least half way decent logos, and the artist would have a much higher name recognition.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Exactly.

They hire who knows who to create the crappiest, and most unprofessional looking logos for who knows how much money, when I know plenty of amateur graphic designers that would gladly work for an extremely low price... and do a much better job!!!

It'd be a win/win situation if small professional sports leagues would do it that way. The teams would have at least half way decent logos, and the artist would have a much higher name recognition.

The good folks over at London would beg to differ:

uwk1e7hgd7amiz4gc05p3q8lr.gif

Although yes, the others do suck.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

00-default-Broncos-Logo.jpg

There's nothing good I can say about this logo.

The real shame is that there are a number of members here who would put out a concept that would blow this out of the water, just for the fun of it.

Exactly.

I'm still learning and growing as a graphic artist, I just do it as a hobby. I haven't shown much of my work on here, because quite frankly I don't feel quite confident about it yet.

But to see work like this, being used, it just blows my mind.

I immediately thought of a logo I made for a friend of mine a while ago. She makes steampunk jewelery. Very interesting and unique pieces. Her company is Bionic Unicorn. So I came up with this logo. It's not perfect and I would like to someday revise it, but the crest/horse combo of this team reminded me of it.

http://www.bionicunicorn.com/

There are people on this board that make me look like a straight up amateur and yet THAT logo was the final pick for a professional sports team?

Exactly.

The good folks over at London would beg to differ:

uwk1e7hgd7amiz4gc05p3q8lr.gif

Although yes, the others do suck.

I realize that the NBLC has about 2 decent logos, Thats just the first league that came to mind.

The only other decent logo besides the Lightning logo you mentioned would be:

SummersideStorm.PNG

The Kebs have a well designed primary as well, but their color scheme and uniforms are all over the place.

So maybe the NBLC wasn't the best pro sports league to use as an example, but there's plenty of others out there.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

The Brisbane Broncos owned the London Broncos in their first incarnation.

The real pity for London Rugby League is that it's never settled on an identity. The started as Kent Invicta, then Fulham, then a couple of others then the Broncos then Harlequins. I personally thought the Quins RL identity was always a mistake, and that the Broncos is a better identity. You really aren't going to bring in Union fans to Rugby League, whatever you do. It would be better in my view to Market the team as a summer alternative for soccer fans.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived