San Antonio Missions

Firefly

I saw the Missions play the Hooks awhile back and while they looked pretty good, I always felt they could use a bit of tightening up.

6662.gif

It seems like making a M out of the Alamo would be the first thing anyone would do. So, it's the first thing I did.

Missons.png

Missons-III.png

You did a great job. I've always thought the Missions logo had a slightly dated look. You've kept the tradition of the Alamo alive in the logo, while making it look less like a header for a business.

Just some suggestions:

- Clean up the "SA" monogram to look more like two distinct interlocking letters. The A right now is hard to make out, but I do like the cannon.

- Place the new "SA" on the all black primary cap, with the Alamo M logo on the alt cap.

- Ditch the script on the black alt jersey and place the "SA" logo & put "SAN ANTONIO" on the road uni in the same font as "MISSIONS"

I'm not a fan of the wordmarks, and the 'SA' is a good idea but needs to be narrowed or something. The 'M' logo is awesome though, and I'm glad you made it a focus. I also like the way you did the uniforms with the gold piping.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Took some suggestions. Tried a few others that didn't work or I just didn't like. With this font, the SA looked better "melted" into each other than trying to interlock. Also lost the cannon on the SA. I may try it as a seperate logo. A shoulder patch to replace the SA shoulder patch on the home and alt. Maybe something like a cartoon baseball shooting cannon (it is AA baseball after all).

Missons-IV.png

Missons-V.png

Looks good, one thing that's bugging me though is how the gold shadows at the bottom of the wordmark don't connect. I would make it all one continuous shape going across the bottom.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

nice work. it looks very solid and amazing.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived