2013 Winter Classic

Cody21

i decide to make this as a guess for next year. the blues and kings are the only two teams never to win a stanley cup from the first expansion (the seals technically won when they merged with the stars). so they would be perfect as rivals for a game. first up is the logos. heres my set for the blues. they will bring back elements from the 90's.

BluesWinterClassic.png

i also got the idea from a video. so i'll post that as well.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Anyone know if there is also going to be a 'Heritage Classic' this year?

Also, it ceases to amaze me that the Maple Leafs haven't been in either of the classics yet. I know that the NHL powers-that-be are pro-American, but if my memory serves me right, they're the only original six team that hasn't been. A Toronto-Detroit 'Winter Classic' matchup at Comerica Park or Michigan Stadium would draw very well. I'm hoping once the Wings go to the East, as rumored, it'll happen.

Hell, even a Toronto-Ottawa Heritage classic like the Montreal-Calgary one last year.

sig.png

Anyone know if there is also going to be a 'Heritage Classic' this year?

Also, it ceases to amaze me that the Maple Leafs haven't been in either of the classics yet. I know that the NHL powers-that-be are pro-American, but if my memory serves me right, they're the only original six team that hasn't been. A Toronto-Detroit 'Winter Classic' matchup at Comerica Park or Michigan Stadium would draw very well. I'm hoping once the Wings go to the East, as rumored, it'll happen.

Hell, even a Toronto-Ottawa Heritage classic like the Montreal-Calgary one last year.

no there isn't going to be a heritage classic until next year. my guess is vancouver and edmonton for that one.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

La.Kings

for them i decide to combine eras together. the sheild is now the primary. the kings logo is the shoulder patch.

KingsWinterClassic-1.jpg

Simple presentation issue that's bothering the :censored: out of me: the fact that none of your colors match from logo to logo. All three elements in the Blues' set are different shades of blue/yellow, and same with the Kings' purple and yellow.

Are you going to post uniforms? That would be fun to see.

I've always thought it would be cool for St. Louis to have a Winter Classic. Minneapolis and Denver would be good locations also.

yeah im just starting on a set. should be up soon.

yes i would like to see a uniform set for these as well. Maybe bring back the head to toe gold of the early L.A. days

doing a purple jersey with gold shoulders. the blues jersey si going to look like there early 90's jerseys.

winterclassic.jpg

here are the jerseys. can i get soem c and c please? :D

On the Kings jersey your TV numbers aren't correct. The front of the jersey indicates that he's #11 while the back of the jersey has an upside-down 2. Silver on a gold namebar would be tough to see at anytime.I don't know if this is intended, but the shoulder patches are only on the front of the jersey and they face forward? Is that correct?

The Blues jersey actually doesn't look too bad. I'd just move that trumpet logo and either have it on the shoulders or on the arm stripes (just like the Habs of the 20's) otherwise I think the arms look too cluttered.

Did you mean to eliminate the numbers from the sleeves on the Blues one in favour of the shoulder patch? I'd also like to see the striping on the bottom of the Kings match the sleeves with the white. I think these are heading in the right direction.

thanks for the advice guys. will be making those changes soon.

- Blues is nice, but put the patch on the shoulder

- Go with either silver and black or purple and gold. Not both.

- The Kings' crest is HUGE

- As mentioned above, the Kings' TV numbers are off. They show the player being #11 while the back says #12. Also, The 2 is upside down.

- Don't make the shoulder patches face forward for LA

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

- Blues is nice, but put the patch on the shoulder

- Go with either silver and black or purple and gold. Not both.

- The Kings' crest is HUGE

- As mentioned above, the Kings' TV numbers are off. They show the player being #11 while the back says #12. Also, The 2 is upside down.

- Don't make the shoulder patches face forward for LA

no problem going to ake those changes i thought silver added soem comtrast to the scheme and now i see it looks like :puke::puke: :puke:

Archived