This could only happen to the Riders

GMac

I'm liking the Riders chances this year

That's like saying you like the Washington Generals chances (and yes, I know the Washington Generals are now defunct). The Riders' win in the playoffs last year was a freak of nature accident (even the Generals won once or twice a decade), but thankfully this year the Bombers will destroy them, and all will be right with the world.

The Bombers will be victorious in the chill of winter in Ottawa...you can count on it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Im gonna pimp slap each of you... especially Sy and Yale :D ... but first Yale... as a lawyer I would hope you could explain to me the leagalities of this situation...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I must be candid and tell you that I really don't know. Canada has a different legal system and body of law than the United States, and since this is a purely Canadian transaction, I have no way of knowing whose rights are what. Also, without reading the terms of the contract, the terms of whatever the labor agreement with the CFL happens to be and any other internal rules the CFL might have which govern this type of situation, there's no way for me to weigh in on the matter in any meaningful fashion. It could be as simple as "first in time" or it could be much more convoluted than that. Sorry I can't be of more insight here.

well yale that was the longest possible way of saying "I dont know"...lol.. thanks anyway... thought u might know of an American example... law stuff intrigues me... it was one of my favourite classes when I was in high school...

www.pifflespodcast.com

This story is more disturbing than the one where the Als drafted a dead player.

I was thinking about the dead player--but I thought that was Ottawa, back in the death throes of the Rough Riders...

As to the Green Riders chances this year--consider this

2003 Grey Cup host-Saskatchewan

2003 Grey Cup Winner-Edmonton

2002 Grey Cup host-Edmonton

2002 GC Winner-Montreal

2001 GC host-Montreal

2001 GC winner-Calgary

2000 GC host-Calgary

2000 GC winner-BC

1999 GC host-BC

Can the Riders make it 5 in a row to host one year and win the next?

THis year's host-Ottawa may hope so so they can win it in 2005...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

yeah i made that realization after this years Grey Cup after I literally froze my ass... who ever decided that metal temporary seats in Regina in the middle of winter was a great idea needs to have their head examined... took me 30 minutes before i could walk normally...

www.pifflespodcast.com

AN UPDATE...

sweet Jebus... the CFL ruled that Flory is a Rider... I dunno but by the wording of the League it seems Montreal was trying to enforce a "verbal" contract from at the end of the season... me thinks Popp was playing games...

League rules Flory is a Rider

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived